    fee but nothing on the per minute rate.

    Are they the same?

    DMK

    D. Kirkpatrick, Jun 27, 2006

  2. "D. Kirkpatrick" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have been comparing Gizmo with Skype.
    >
    > What is not clear is what the Gizmo rates are for incoming calls, USA,
    > from land-lines and mobiles/cells.
    >
    > I see it is about 1 cent/minute outgoing to land-lines/cells per
    > minute plus the annual subscription rate.
    >
    > But their web site only seems to show the incoming annual subscription
    > fee but nothing on the per minute rate.
    >
    > Are they the same?

    At http://www.gizmoproject.com/call-in.php they say "There are no additional
    charges to receiving calls, and it’s far cheaper for the folks who call
    you.". This seems to mean "no per-minute charges", and this makes sense
    considering that for a call-in number they charge ~3 to 4 dollar a month in
    subscription, and in some locations the caller has to pay for local calls.

    Incidentally, services like www.stanaphone.com or www.ipkall.com offer
    absolutely free call-in numbers (although limited to few locations). With
    ATA's or IP phones able to handle more than one account, you may combine
    them for receiving calls, and another provider such as Gizmo for dialing
    out.

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Jun 27, 2006

  3. In article <44a146b5$1@127.0.0.1>,
    "Enzo Michelangeli" <-ip.com> wrote:

    > Incidentally, services like www.stanaphone.com or www.ipkall.com offer
    > absolutely free call-in numbers (although limited to few locations). With
    > ATA's or IP phones able to handle more than one account, you may combine
    > them for receiving calls, and another provider such as Gizmo for dialing
    > out.

    Seems that IPKall is Washington State only and Stanaphone (per its
    forums) only has area codes in NY.

    Now, that' OK for some but I was looking for something in Eastern Ma,
    ie Boston and Vicin.

    DMK

    D. Kirkpatrick, Jun 27, 2006

    You might check out www.exgn.net. They are pretty good and cheap.

    Jonathan Roberts, Jun 28, 2006
  5. "D. Kirkpatrick" <> wrote in message
    > In article <44a146b5$1@127.0.0.1>,
    > "Enzo Michelangeli" <-ip.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Incidentally, services like www.stanaphone.com or www.ipkall.com offer
    >> absolutely free call-in numbers (although limited to few locations). With
    >> ATA's or IP phones able to handle more than one account, you may combine
    >> them for receiving calls, and another provider such as Gizmo for dialing
    >> out.

    > Seems that IPKall is Washington State only and Stanaphone (per its
    > forums) only has area codes in NY.
    >
    > Now, that' OK for some but I was looking for something in Eastern Ma,
    > ie Boston and Vicin.

    If you don't mind about two-stage dialing, you may also use the free
    PointOne numbers listed at http://www.sipphone.com/access/ , then dial "1"
    followed by your Gizmo SIP number (1747xxxxxxx) and terminating with "#".

    But unfortunately, I can't see any in Massachusetts: the nearest to you
    seems to be in Connecticut...

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Jun 29, 2006