GIZMO - free calls

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Chris, Jul 21, 2006.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Chris, Jul 21, 2006

  2. Chris

    paul123 Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > What do you think to this Gizmo free calls thing?
    >
    > http://www.gizmoproject.com/learnmore-allcallsfree.html
    > --
    > Chris

    Yeah I saw this today too. As I read it, the calls are only free to
    other active gizmo user landlines.....so if the number you want to call
    is not associated to a gizmo user, the call isn't free. Maybe I
    misunderstood it.

    paul123, Jul 21, 2006

  3. Chris

    Paul Cupis Guest

    paul123 wrote:
    > Chris wrote:
    >> What do you think to this Gizmo free calls thing?
    >>
    >> http://www.gizmoproject.com/learnmore-allcallsfree.html

    > Yeah I saw this today too. As I read it, the calls are only free to
    > other active gizmo user landlines.....so if the number you want to call
    > is not associated to a gizmo user, the call isn't free. Maybe I
    > misunderstood it.

    No, that seems to be accurate. To get the calls free, you must be
    calling another active Gizmo user (and you need to be active) and the
    number you are dialling must be in the recipients "profile" as one of
    their contact numbers.

    Paul Cupis, Jul 21, 2006
  4. Chris

    Martin Jay Guest

    In message <>,
    paul123 <> writes
    >Chris wrote:
    >> What do you think to this Gizmo free calls thing?
    >>
    >> http://www.gizmoproject.com/learnmore-allcallsfree.html

    >Yeah I saw this today too. As I read it, the calls are only free to
    >other active gizmo user landlines.....so if the number you want to call
    >is not associated to a gizmo user, the call isn't free. Maybe I
    >misunderstood it.

    Yes, that's the way I read it too.

    'An "active" account is one that is used regularly to make voice calls
    using the Gizmo Project software. If both you and your Gizmo friend have
    active accounts, you are eligible for the All Calls Free plan.'

    And with a 10MBytes download, their software seems a bit on the large
    size.

    I've been using <http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/> for free calls.
    --
    Martin Jay
    Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877

    Martin Jay, Jul 21, 2006
  5. Chris

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:12:47 +0100, Martin Jay
    <> wrote:

    >In message <>,
    >paul123 <> writes
    >>Chris wrote:
    >>> What do you think to this Gizmo free calls thing?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.gizmoproject.com/learnmore-allcallsfree.html

    >>Yeah I saw this today too. As I read it, the calls are only free to
    >>other active gizmo user landlines.....so if the number you want to call
    >>is not associated to a gizmo user, the call isn't free. Maybe I
    >>misunderstood it.

    >Yes, that's the way I read it too.
    >
    >'An "active" account is one that is used regularly to make voice calls
    >using the Gizmo Project software. If both you and your Gizmo friend have
    >active accounts, you are eligible for the All Calls Free plan.'
    >
    >And with a 10MBytes download, their software seems a bit on the large
    >size.
    >
    >I've been using <http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/> for free calls.

    I tried calling into a gizmo number via sipbroker, dialling *747 etc.
    It rang and I heard them speak via a Nokia 770 on wiFi, but,
    apparently, they couldn't hear me. The same set up did work via the
    gizmo 'party line'.
    Possibly a 'one off'.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jul 21, 2006