    band that says 0 messages 0unread working online. However this is no good as
    i'm now without a taskbar. Any ideas folks. hope this is enough info if not
    please let me know what else is required. thanx in advance. Matt.

    Matt, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Matt

    Brian H¹© Guest

    In a desperate cry for help Matt said:

    > Hello. Ok im using XP and my e-mail client is outlook express. On the
    > outlook express page i have three panes. the left pane has folders the top
    > pane is where i view e-mails and the bottom pane is where i read e-mails.
    > Now for some reason, right across the botton of the screen a band has
    > appeared about a cm wide.Within this band and to the left are these letters
    > and symbols.
    > <a bref=" . I can select these letters but cannot delete them. I can
    > also drag the taskbar down so its now out of view and can see the normal
    > band that says 0 messages 0unread working online. However this is no good as
    > i'm now without a taskbar. Any ideas folks. hope this is enough info if not
    > please let me know what else is required. thanx in advance. Matt.

    Did you read replies to your other thread before starting another thread
    unnecessarily?

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Matt

    °Mike° Guest

    I still have no idea what you are talking about, but you
    could try the following:

    Install and use:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    Check your system for virus/trojan activity:

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    --------------------------
    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://www.pandasoftware.es/activescan/activescan-com.asp
    http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

    Gladiator
    http://www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

    F-Prot
    http://www.f-prot.com/download/

    AVG
    http://www.grisoft.com/

    Anti-trojan:
    ------------
    Trojan Defence Suite
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/

    Trojan Hunter
    http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter.jsp

    Trojan Remover
    http://www.simplysup.com/

    Tauscan
    http://www.agnitum.com/products/tauscan/

    Control your startups:
    ----------------------
    StartupList
    http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

    Startup Monitor
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

    Check what's necessary and what isn't
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_all.php

    If the above steps don't rectify things, and nobody else has
    an explanation, you could try backing up your data,
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/clone.htm
    and uninstall/re-install O.E., and use the 'Repair' option
    for I.E. in Add\Remove Programs.

    If that STILL doesn't help, try a system restore from a
    date prior to the problem:

    HOW TO Use the System Restore Utility with Windows Management
    Instrumentation in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;295299

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:01:11 +0100, in
    <ikHPa.189$>
    Matt scrawled:

    >Hello. Ok im using XP and my e-mail client is outlook express. On the
    >outlook express page i have three panes. the left pane has folders the top
    >pane is where i view e-mails and the bottom pane is where i read e-mails.
    > Now for some reason, right across the botton of the screen a band has
    >appeared about a cm wide.Within this band and to the left are these letters
    >and symbols.
    > <a bref=" . I can select these letters but cannot delete them. I can
    >also drag the taskbar down so its now out of view and can see the normal
    >band that says 0 messages 0unread working online. However this is no good as
    >i'm now without a taskbar. Any ideas folks. hope this is enough info if not
    >please let me know what else is required. thanx in advance. Matt.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 12, 2003
  4. Matt

    yugsdrawkcab Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > In a desperate cry for help Matt said:
    >

    >>Hello. Ok im using XP and my e-mail client is outlook express. On the
    >>outlook express page i have three panes. the left pane has folders the top
    >>pane is where i view e-mails and the bottom pane is where i read e-mails.
    >> Now for some reason, right across the botton of the screen a band has
    >>appeared about a cm wide.Within this band and to the left are these letters
    >>and symbols.
    >> <a bref=" . I can select these letters but cannot delete them. I can
    >>also drag the taskbar down so its now out of view and can see the normal
    >>band that says 0 messages 0unread working online. However this is no good as
    >>i'm now without a taskbar. Any ideas folks. hope this is enough info if not
    >>please let me know what else is required. thanx in advance. Matt.

    > Did you read replies to your other thread before starting another thread
    > unnecessarily?

    What level of stupidity have you fallen to now? There was ONE reply to
    the other thread and it asked for more details.. Now read the subject
    line of this thread.... Catching on yet?

    yugsdrawkcab, Jul 12, 2003
  5. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I've got the band to dissapear but can no loger see the connection bar. If i
    drag the taskbar down so its now non exsistant i can see the connection bar.
    How do i get the connection bar to sit on top of the taskbar as normal.

    Matt, Jul 12, 2003
  6. Matt

    yugsdrawkcab Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > **** off.

    Ah, the standard reply of someone that really has nothing to say because
    they are wrong.

    yugsdrawkcab, Jul 12, 2003
  7. Matt

    Brian H¹© Guest

    yugsdrawkcab said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >

    >> **** off.
    >>

    > Ah, the standard reply of someone that really has nothing to say because
    > they are wrong.

    Are you doing the rounds to find out how many other people consider you a troll?
    Well, now you can add me to your list.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

    Brian H¹©, Jul 12, 2003
  8. Matt

    yugsdrawkcab Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > yugsdrawkcab said:

    >>Brian H¹© wrote:
    >>

    >>>**** off.
    >>>

    >>Ah, the standard reply of someone that really has nothing to say because
    >>they are wrong.

    > Are you doing the rounds to find out how many other people consider you a troll?
    > Well, now you can add me to your list.

    Simply because I point out errors on your part and you come back with a
    vulgar reply? That makes ME a troll?

    Sorry if I hurt your feelings! Well, not really, but toughen up man!

    yugsdrawkcab, Jul 12, 2003