    pls help

    regards
    balavignesh

    bala, Jun 1, 2006

  2. bala

    Jedi Fans Guest

    On 01/06/06 05:58, bala Scribbled:
    > hello friends !
    >
    > Some times browsers (opera, firefox, konqueror) gives "save as"
    > or "open with"
    >
    > prompt while opening html (from php) files...
    >
    > some times it works some time not.....
    > what is the reason? why doesnt recognize the html files ?
    >
    > pls help
    >
    > regards
    > balavignesh

    Most probably to do with the web server rather than the browser, if
    the html page is served with a "mimetype" (how linux works out what
    files are which) other than text/html it will ask to download.

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    Kieren aka JediFans - <url:http://jedifans.com/>

    Jedi Fans, Jun 1, 2006

  3. bala

    Mumia W. Guest

    bala wrote:
    > hello friends !
    >
    > Some times browsers (opera, firefox, konqueror) gives "save as"
    > or "open with"
    >
    > prompt while opening html (from php) files...
    >
    > some times it works some time not.....
    > what is the reason? why doesnt recognize the html files ?
    >
    > pls help
    >
    > regards
    > balavignesh

    Are you talking about loading .php files from a web-server or from disk?

    Mumia W., Jun 1, 2006
  4. bala

    balavignesh Guest

    > Are you talking about loading .php files from a web-server or from disk?

    php files from web server.....

    regards
    bala

    balavignesh, Jun 1, 2006
  5. bala

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On 31 May 2006 21:58:26 -0700, in message <>,
    bala wrote:

    > hello friends !
    >
    > Some times browsers (opera, firefox, konqueror) gives "save as"
    > or "open with"
    >
    > prompt while opening html (from php) files...
    >
    > some times it works some time not.....
    > what is the reason? why doesnt recognize the html files ?
    >
    > pls help

    Post URLs to a few examples. Then someone can look at each of them.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."

    Ralph Fox, Jun 1, 2006
  6. bala

    balavignesh Guest

    Hello frends!

    Thank u for reply.... I found the cause for the problem.
    i am sitting behind the proxy.
    whenever the proxy refuse
    my request ( because of improper net connection , often we
    lost the net connection), it gives the saveas box.

    But i dont know the exact reason.
    If anyone knows please post the reason..

    bye
    bala

    balavignesh, Jun 9, 2006
  7. bala

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On 9 Jun 2006 02:14:23 -0700, in message <>,
    balavignesh wrote:

    > Hello frends!
    >
    > Thank u for reply.... I found the cause for the problem.
    > i am sitting behind the proxy.
    > whenever the proxy refuse
    > my request ( because of improper net connection , often we
    > lost the net connection), it gives the saveas box.
    >
    > But i dont know the exact reason.
    > If anyone knows please post the reason..

    The most likely reason is that an incorrect Content-Type
    is being returned to the browser in the HTTP response headers.

    Someone who is not behind your proxy may not see the same
    HTTP response headers that you do, and so cannot be sure
    of the exact reason.

    You may have to look at the HTTP response headers yourself.

    To see the HTTP response headers, you may need to use an
    extension like "LiveHttpHeaders".

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph