    GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH
    (Film has the best quality)

    DVD's SUCK !!!!

    l#, Jul 14, 2005

  2. l#

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    I vote death. Tell us where you live.

    <l#> wrote in message
    news:...
    > GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH
    > (Film has the best quality)
    >
    > DVD's SUCK !!!!

    Joshua Zyber, Jul 14, 2005

  3. Joshua Zyber wrote:
    > I vote death. Tell us where you live.
    >

    > <l#> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    >>GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH
    >>(Film has the best quality)
    >>
    >>DVD's SUCK !!!!

    yes, death to people who think that progressing technology sucks and
    think we should be stuck in the 'good ol days'

    James Shinevar, Jul 14, 2005
  4. l#

    Bill Turner Guest

    l# wrote:

    > GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH
    > (Film has the best quality)
    >
    > DVD's SUCK !!!!

    I'll bet you really like your kerosene powered computer, don't you?

    Bill T

    Bill Turner, Jul 14, 2005
  5. l#

    Lookingglass Guest

    <l#> wrote in message
    > GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH
    > (Film has the best quality)

    > DVD's SUCK !!!!

    I agree that the quality of film is light-years better than the picture
    quality of a monitor and a DVD... but for the convenience (not to mention
    the pocketbook) of the consumer, DVDs afford the "regular" guy a chance to
    collect some of these titles for his own personal use. Most people don't see
    the difference between film and video... I do, but I still collect DVDs. I
    started as a kid collecting Castle 8mm with a (get this!) battery operated
    projector... I had some forgettable cartoons and an Abbot and Costello
    film!!! DVDs are good for watching at home. Unfortunately, movie-going is
    NOT the same experience it was when I was a kid... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in
    the '50s.

    dave........... www.Shemakhan.com

    Lookingglass, Jul 14, 2005