Give Back to IT Community (Help)

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Julio C. Delgado Jr. (DJ), Dec 18, 2006.

  1. Guys,

    I want to start giving back to the IT Community, and start helping
    out. I would appreciate if you guys could answer some of the below
    questions.

    1. How do you guys read your newsgroup subscriptions? Software or
    Via Web? List which do you use.

    2. Which web portals do you recommend to use to read/respond to posts
    & blogs during lunch/break at work? (At work I cant access newsgroups
    or blogs via a program or nntp)

    3. What program do you guys use for managing your blog subscriptions?
    Software or Via Web? List which do you use.

    4. How do you keep track of all the messages you've posted or replied
    too, this way you can follow-up on it, in case someone responds?

    5. Do you guys provide your email address in your posts? If you do,
    how do you handle protecting yourself from spam? If you dont, how
    does anyone ever get a hold of you, if needed?

    6. Out of curiosity, what email provider do you use, and what program
    do you use to read your emails?

    7. What do I need to do to make sure I get credit for giving back to
    the community, this way I can work my way up to an MVP?

    8. How else can I become part of the IT community and start giving
    back and networking? Any Ideas?

    I appreciate you taking your time to respond to my posts, and I plan
    to begin giving back to the IT community, and hope we can become
    friends.

    - Julio (DJ)

    Julio C. Delgado Jr. (DJ), Dec 18, 2006