    way.
    So what am I missing that I can't edit text in a Photoshop file?
    , Jul 3, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    wrote:
    > I have to edit files set up in Photoshop.

    <Snip>

    > So what am I missing that I can't edit text in a Photoshop file?

    If you don't get an answer here, there's a GIMP group at
    comp.graphics.apps.gimp

    --
    Roger
    Roger Spencelayh, Jul 3, 2007

  3. Guest

    Thanks Roger
    On Jul 3, 1:31 am, Roger Spencelayh <spencelayhathotmaildotcodotuk>
    wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I have to edit files set up in Photoshop.

    > <Snip>
    >
    > > So what am I missing that I can't edit text in a Photoshop file?

    > If you don't get an answer here, there's a GIMP group at
    > comp.graphics.apps.gimp
    >
    > --
    > Roger
    , Jul 3, 2007
  4. timeOday Guest

    wrote:
    > I have to edit files set up in Photoshop. The Gimp works for
    > everything except one problem I can't figure out how to solve.
    > The Photoshop files have text layers. I need to be able to change the
    > words of the text using the same exact features as set up in
    > PhotoShop. I can call the files up, select the text layers and erase
    > the text, but I can't figure out how to then type in text so it has
    > the same characteristics as it had in Photoshop. And I don't have time
    > or the smarts to go through each one and try to set it up the same
    > way.
    > So what am I missing that I can't edit text in a Photoshop file?

    Did you try bringing up the layers dialog, right-clicking on the text
    layer, and selecting "text tool"?

    I don't have PhotoShop so I don't know if that works or not.
    timeOday, Jul 3, 2007
  5. Garry Knight Guest

    wrote:

    > I can call the files up, select the text layers and erase
    > the text, but I can't figure out how to then type in text so it has
    > the same characteristics as it had in Photoshop.

    Try this, but I can't guarantee it will work. Don't erase the text. Just put
    the cursor after the first word of the existing text and type the new text.
    Now carefully erase the old text. Does this work?

    --
    Garry Knight
    Garry Knight, Jul 3, 2007