Gigaset C470 IP / C475 IP / S675 IP / S685 IP Firmware update 11/2008

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by PAJ, Nov 27, 2008.

  1. PAJ

    PAJ Guest

    Gigaset C470 IP / C475 IP / S675 IP / S685 IP Firmware update 11/2008
    Version: 02139

    New Features:

    * Online directory for Switzerland provided by [tel.search.ch]

    * HTTP Proxy support. For example online directory can be used in
    company environments via an HTTP proxy server.

    Improvements:

    * Fast media switching improved (due to partial loss of provider cost
    rate announcements, e.g. at Sipgate)

    * Indication of VoIP waiting calls improved

    * Firmware update procedure starts before VoIP connection assistant.

    * Store the complete caller information in the "Missed Calls" list, if
    it is retrieved from online directory

    * Optimised presentation of search results in Yellow Pages (on C47H,
    S67H, S68H handsets)

    * Gigaset.net assistant starts if the user opens Gigaset.net directory
    for the first time and there is no corresponding Gigaset.net nickname.
    It does no longer start after the VoIP connection assistant.

    * The phone deregisters from registrar server, once the SIP account is
    disabled.

    * Wideband support for A58H/C38H handsets improved

    * SMS wizard disabled (subscription to SMS service is no longer
    necessary)

    * Handling of IP dialling improved

    * Automatic user login by accessing the Gigaset.net configuration page
    via Web configurator

    * Handling of multiple network mailboxes improved

    * Translation errors fixed

    * Support of new daylight saving time rule for New Zealand

    * Sipgate echo test supported again (handling of RTP sequence numbers)
    PAJ, Nov 27, 2008

  2. PAJ

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 19:38:57 UTC, "Christian"
    <> wrote:

    > Additionally... With the previous version of the firmware I had a strange
    > issue that my phone only wanted to accept one incoming call at the same time
    > (even incoming calls at different SIP-providers).
    >
    > This problem also seems to be fixed, I can answer multiple calls again :)
    > This fix is not mentioned in the release notes.

    Do you have a URL for the release notes please?
    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Nov 30, 2008

  3. On 30 Nov 2008 10:26:43 GMT, "Dave Saville" <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 19:38:57 UTC, "Christian"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> Additionally... With the previous version of the firmware I had a strange
    >> issue that my phone only wanted to accept one incoming call at the same time
    >> (even incoming calls at different SIP-providers).
    >>
    >> This problem also seems to be fixed, I can answer multiple calls again :)
    >> This fix is not mentioned in the release notes.

    >Do you have a URL for the release notes please?

    This may or may not work for you:
    http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1935,hq_en_0_23012_rArNrNrNrN_prodId:152411,00.html

    If it doesn't go to gigaset.com and select "customer care", your
    language and the model of your unit.

    Regards,
    Harry.

    Harry Broomhall, Nov 30, 2008
  4. PAJ

    Dave Saville Guest

    What got my attentions was "Handling of IP dialling improved" - But no
    indication as to what that means. I wondered if it meant one could
    dial a number & IP - which is required to connect to a BT VOIP box.
    They won't respond to just the IP. :-(

    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville