  1. Some one here had problems with a Gigabyte MoBo with Faster Ram, he moved to a
    Abit MoBo because of the Gigabyte limitations..

    I saved I think some of his posts, but don't remember his name..
    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 9, 2004

  2. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Johno Guest

    The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

    > Some one here had problems with a Gigabyte MoBo with Faster Ram, he moved to a
    > Abit MoBo because of the Gigabyte limitations..
    >
    > I saved I think some of his posts, but don't remember his name..

    I think his name was Frank.

    John
    Johno, Aug 9, 2004

  3. "The GHOST of WOGER." <> wrote in message

    > Some one here had problems with a Gigabyte MoBo with Faster Ram, he moved

    to a
    > Abit MoBo because of the Gigabyte limitations..
    >
    > I saved I think some of his posts, but don't remember his name..

    It was me.

    Problem was 1:1 ratios above ~230FSB on Gigabyte i875 boards.

    Steve
    Stephen Williams, Aug 9, 2004
  4. On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 23:52:31 +1200, "Stephen Williams" <>
    wrote:

    >"The GHOST of WOGER." <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Some one here had problems with a Gigabyte MoBo with Faster Ram, he moved

    >to a
    >> Abit MoBo because of the Gigabyte limitations..
    >>
    >> I saved I think some of his posts, but don't remember his name..
    >>

    >It was me.
    >
    >Problem was 1:1 ratios above ~230FSB on Gigabyte i875 boards.
    >
    >Steve

    Thanks

    Yes I thought it might be, as I found a few posts regarding the Gigabyte MoBo
    and then the Abit one..
    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 9, 2004
  5. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Karen Parker Guest

    wrote:

    >"The GHOST of WOGER." <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Some one here had problems with a Gigabyte MoBo with Faster Ram, he moved

    >to a
    >> Abit MoBo because of the Gigabyte limitations..
    >>
    >> I saved I think some of his posts, but don't remember his name..
    >>

    >It was me.
    >
    >Problem was 1:1 ratios above ~230FSB on Gigabyte i875 boards.
    >
    >Steve

    What MoBo did you get as I am having stacks of problems with my Gigabyte with
    Current F8-9 Bios, it will not boot with 2 IDE drives on the ATA/Raid
    controller, but it will if have the boot CD ROM option selected in the bios
    and a bootable CR Rom loaded, BUT NOT LOADING..

    Was ripping out the smaller drives for 2 Seagate 120g

    Had 4 drives, removed 2, to set it up ghost the drives over, but found that
    it gave this error "Error Loading OS"

    But if CD-ROM boot option is selected in the Bios and a Bootable CD-ROM is
    Installed BUT NOT LOADED, it will boot..

    Also going back to F2 bios all is OK..

    Now with 4 drives installed 2 of the 120g, and 2 of the 60g, F9 bios, and no
    Bootable CD Loaded, get this error..

    "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt."

    HAL.DLL

    Works ok with a bootable CD loaded or going back to the F2 bios..

    I am not getting any ware with BDT in this..

    They think I am booting from 2 SATA Drives, plus a few other stupid comments

    Even the ITE controller Bios is over a year old and has not been updated, as
    per the list on the ITE web site..

    Last time I will buy a Gigabyte MoBo..
    Karen Parker, Aug 24, 2004
  6. >
    > What MoBo did you get as I am having stacks of problems with my Gigabyte

    with
    > Current F8-9 Bios, it will not boot with 2 IDE drives on the ATA/Raid
    > controller, but it will if have the boot CD ROM option selected in the

    bios
    > and a bootable CR Rom loaded, BUT NOT LOADING..
    >
    > Was ripping out the smaller drives for 2 Seagate 120g
    >
    > Had 4 drives, removed 2, to set it up ghost the drives over, but found

    that
    > it gave this error "Error Loading OS"
    >
    > But if CD-ROM boot option is selected in the Bios and a Bootable CD-ROM

    is
    > Installed BUT NOT LOADED, it will boot..
    >
    > Also going back to F2 bios all is OK..
    >
    > Now with 4 drives installed 2 of the 120g, and 2 of the 60g, F9 bios, and

    no
    > Bootable CD Loaded, get this error..
    >

    > "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or

    corrupt."

    > HAL.DLL
    >

    > Works ok with a bootable CD loaded or going back to the F2 bios..
    >

    > I am not getting any ware with BDT in this..
    >

    > They think I am booting from 2 SATA Drives, plus a few other stupid

    comments

    > Even the ITE controller Bios is over a year old and has not been updated,

    as
    > per the list on the ITE web site..
    >

    > Last time I will buy a Gigabyte MoBo..

    Sounds like all the damn problems i had when they released the F6 BIOS, it
    kept enabling the RAID function of the Intel SATA controller but i never had
    the driver for it installed in windows... catch 22

    I had a GA-8KNXP, the Abit IC7-MAX3 board i replaced it with had similar
    issues where you could NOT boot from a SATA drive on the Intel controller if
    you had a standard IDE hard drive plugged in! Solutions were to either boot
    from a SATA drive on the Silicon image controller, boot from standard IDE or
    just ditch the standard IDE drive. The board has 6 SATA ports so i just
    went all SATA. No further problems with it.

    Steve
    Stephen Williams, Aug 24, 2004
  7. The GHOST of WOGER.

    cowboyz Guest

    Karen Parker wrote:

    > Last time I will buy a Gigabyte MoBo..

    I heard a guy down Kapiti way has a motherboard like that. Woger or
    something is his name. You should email him for advice.
    cowboyz, Aug 24, 2004