GIGABYTE Unleashes GA-8N-SLI Quad Royal

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by Silverstrand, Nov 14, 2005.

  1. Silverstrand

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    We've all seen the preview pictures and heard about Gigabyte's new QUAD SLI. The company is now ready to release the motherboards! Freakin QUAD!!! I don't even have dual!
    Taipei, Taiwan November 11th, 2005–GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, VGA cards and other computing hardware solutions, has launched GIGABYTE GA-8N-SLI Quad Royal, the world first SLI technology enabled motherboard equipped with four PCI Express X16 slots. Based on the NVIDIA® nForece4™ SLI™ Intel® Edition and NVIDIA® nForece4™ SLI™ chipsets, the GA-8N-SLI Quad Royal is designed for gamers who lived by ultimate performance and ultimate scalability.
    Quad PCI Express X16 Slots
    Powered by NVIDIA® SLI™ X16 technology and featuring four PCI Express X16 slots, the GA-8N-SLI Quad Royal frees the limitation of graphics and gaming performance. Supports two full-bandwidth 16-lane PCI Express links which offers twice the PCI Express bandwidth of X8 SLI solutions, the GA-8N-SLI Quad Royal ensures the maximum graphics and gaming performance for next generation GPUs and games. Equipped with GIGABYTE own-designed four PCI Express X16 slots supporting eight monitors output, the GA-8N-SLI Quad Royal is more suitable for gaming with spectacular view or special application which requires multi-monitor output.
    Delivering unprecedented graphics performance and superior functionality, the legendary GA-8N-SLI Quad Royal is definitely the
    way to go for gamers, PC geeks and consumers alike!
    Fully Featured for the Future
    Fully supported by Intel® Pentium 4 and Pentium D LGA775 processors, the four 240-pin DIMM sockets can hold an impressive 8GB of DDR2 memory, four SATA 3Gb/s RAID ports with RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5 functions and one IDE port makes future storage expansion an easy task. Built-in USB 2.0 and IEEE 1394 functionality means connectivity to all the latest high-speed peripherals and multimedia devices. On-board Dual PCI-E Gigabit LAN provides lighting fast networking connections. Embedded post code debug LED display and up to seven fan connectors provides the instant information from the motherboard and the best thermal solution for ultimate gaming experience.
    GA-8N-SLI Quad Royal Specification
    • Intel Pentium Processor Extreme Edition/Pentium D/Pentium 4/Celeron
    • NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition and NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI
    • 1066/800/533 MHz Front Side Bus
    • 4 x DIMM, max. 8GB, DDR2 667/533
    • 4 x PCI-E X16 , 2 x PCI-E X1, 1 x PCI 2.2
    • Dual Gigabit LAN
    • 8-channel Audio
    • 4 x SATA 3GGb/s, RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5
    • 3 x IEEE 1394
    • EasyTune™ 5, C.I.A.2, M.I.B.2

    Silverstrand, Nov 14, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    now this isnt going to be a board that sells extremly well until we hear some reviews :D

    unholy, Nov 14, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Who can...

    ...afford four videocards? You could be talking two thousand smackers for that kind of horsepower. This has gone beyond reasonable.

    bigal, Nov 15, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    Gez

    Joined: