Gigabyte Tech P4 Titan 667 GA-8IHXP + Seagate 120gb HD

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by DDsprenzel@gmail.com, Jan 2, 2006.

  1. Guest

    greetings everyone,

    my roommate has inherited a box with the Gigabyte Technology P4 Titan
    667 GA-8IHXP mobo, but no harddrive. We bought a brand new Seagate
    120gb hard drive to install as the primary disk.

    With disk installed, i started the Windows XP setup process (boot from
    CD, blue screen setup, etc.)

    At the point where the Windows setup detects the hard drives, it
    reports that "windows was unable to find a hard drive connected to your
    system".

    I Ran the diag/setup disk that camr with the HD, and the HD is seen and
    can be partitioned via the diag program. I've also connected the HD to
    my functional XP server, and can see the drive.

    I've determined that the HD is not bad...the Hardware in the box
    doesn't seem to be bad...my WIndows installation disks aren't bad (i
    even tried a WIndows 200 installation, same result).

    I'm thinking the problem lies in the mobo/chipset.....any suggestions
    are greatly appreciated.

    - dewey

    , Jan 2, 2006

  2. old jon Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > greetings everyone,
    >
    > my roommate has inherited a box with the Gigabyte Technology P4 Titan
    > 667 GA-8IHXP mobo, but no harddrive. We bought a brand new Seagate
    > 120gb hard drive to install as the primary disk.
    >
    > With disk installed, i started the Windows XP setup process (boot from
    > CD, blue screen setup, etc.)
    >
    > At the point where the Windows setup detects the hard drives, it
    > reports that "windows was unable to find a hard drive connected to your
    > system".
    >
    > I Ran the diag/setup disk that camr with the HD, and the HD is seen and
    > can be partitioned via the diag program. I've also connected the HD to
    > my functional XP server, and can see the drive.
    >
    > I've determined that the HD is not bad...the Hardware in the box
    > doesn't seem to be bad...my WIndows installation disks aren't bad (i
    > even tried a WIndows 200 installation, same result).
    >
    > I'm thinking the problem lies in the mobo/chipset.....any suggestions
    > are greatly appreciated.
    >
    > - dewey

    Go into the BIOS, and find the drive there. Try it on AUTO. Save settings
    and exit.
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Jan 2, 2006

  3. Guest

    Re: Gigabyte Tech P4 Titan 667 GA-8IHXP + Seagate 120gb HD

    hmm...everything is set to AUto....i'm thinking it maybe the
    controller?!

    , Jan 5, 2006