    is.I need to know where this remote 1 sensor is so I can add fans and
    heatsinks. Thanks for the help

    , Aug 19, 2006

  2. why? Guest

    On 19 Aug 2006 10:07:16 -0700, wrote:

    >Its me agian,and my brothers computer which is using a Gigabyte
    >motherboard (GA-K8U) is overheating.Speedfan indicates that everything
    >is fine except something labeled Remote 1 (its at
    >51-60C).Ambient,Remote 1,and Remote 2 (system) are all monitored by the

    That's fine speedfan, won't know where the sensors on the board are
    located (although it's likely to be similar places all the time), this
    is 1 of those motherboard manual / tech support for the motherboard
    things.

    Try the hardware mod sites like
    www.overclockers.com
    www.overclockers.co.uk
    www.tomshardware.com

    and many others.

    >SMSCH H/M block.problem is,everything in the system is running nice and
    >cool,except Remote 1 at the address $2D,which I have no idea where it

    Don't use the default, cooling (HSF) buy some good stuff , check reviews
    / forum links at the above sites and you won't need to worry about the
    address registers $2D of the SMSC chip hardware. Which isn't the
    physical location anyway.

    >is.I need to know where this remote 1 sensor is so I can add fans and

    What you don't have any yet?

    >heatsinks. Thanks for the help

    Me

    why?, Aug 19, 2006

  3. Guest

    why? wrote:
    > On 19 Aug 2006 10:07:16 -0700, wrote:
    >
    > >Its me agian,and my brothers computer which is using a Gigabyte
    > >motherboard (GA-K8U) is overheating.Speedfan indicates that everything
    > >is fine except something labeled Remote 1 (its at
    > >51-60C).Ambient,Remote 1,and Remote 2 (system) are all monitored by the

    > That's fine speedfan, won't know where the sensors on the board are
    > located (although it's likely to be similar places all the time), this
    > is 1 of those motherboard manual / tech support for the motherboard
    > things.
    >
    > Try the hardware mod sites like
    > www.overclockers.com
    > www.overclockers.co.uk
    > www.tomshardware.com
    >
    > and many others.
    >
    > >SMSCH H/M block.problem is,everything in the system is running nice and
    > >cool,except Remote 1 at the address $2D,which I have no idea where it

    > Don't use the default, cooling (HSF) buy some good stuff , check reviews
    > / forum links at the above sites and you won't need to worry about the
    > address registers $2D of the SMSC chip hardware. Which isn't the
    > physical location anyway.
    >
    > >is.I need to know where this remote 1 sensor is so I can add fans and

    > What you don't have any yet?
    >
    > >heatsinks. Thanks for the help

    > Me

    I have plenty of fans and heatsink,I just want to know where to put
    it.I was told on another site that Speedfan has some abnormal readings
    if there is no sensor,and I know that,but Ive never seen one of those
    abnormal readings to change according to system load like a normal
    sensor.And at the moment we cant really afford a new HSF,but will be
    getting one soon,but the CPU isnt the problem.the CPU is running about
    35-40C,"System" at 29-35C,and Remote 1 at 51-60C.And my video card
    lacks a temperature sensor,and so does my HD,and my ram,which is very
    odd.

    , Aug 19, 2006
  4. Guest

  5. why? Guest

    On 19 Aug 2006 11:46:41 -0700, wrote:

    >why? wrote:
    >> On 19 Aug 2006 10:07:16 -0700, wrote:
    >>
    >> >Its me agian,and my brothers computer which is using a Gigabyte
    >> >motherboard (GA-K8U) is overheating.Speedfan indicates that everything

    GA-K8U-939 ?

    >> >is fine except something labeled Remote 1 (its at
    >> >51-60C).Ambient,Remote 1,and Remote 2 (system) are all monitored by the

    >> That's fine speedfan, won't know where the sensors on the board are
    >> located (although it's likely to be similar places all the time), this
    >> is 1 of those motherboard manual / tech support for the motherboard
    >> things.
    >>
    >> Try the hardware mod sites like
    >> www.overclockers.com
    >> www.overclockers.co.uk
    >> www.tomshardware.com
    >>
    >> and many others.
    >>
    >> >SMSCH H/M block.problem is,everything in the system is running nice and
    >> >cool,except Remote 1 at the address $2D,which I have no idea where it

    >> Don't use the default, cooling (HSF) buy some good stuff , check reviews
    >> / forum links at the above sites and you won't need to worry about the
    >> address registers $2D of the SMSC chip hardware. Which isn't the
    >> physical location anyway.
    >>
    >> >is.I need to know where this remote 1 sensor is so I can add fans and

    >> What you don't have any yet?
    >>
    >> >heatsinks. Thanks for the help

    >> Me

    So the advice from the people that know about cooling in the forums from
    the URLs pasted earlier is?

    >I have plenty of fans and heatsink,I just want to know where to put
    >it.I was told on another site that Speedfan has some abnormal readings

    Then you are okay, with plenty?

    So I have heard, then if you search past posts in 24HSHD,
    you will find other apps for monitoring mentioned, then again if you
    check on the sites / forums for the URLs posted earlier you will likely
    get told about any number of monitoring apps.

    >if there is no sensor,and I know that,but Ive never seen one of those
    >abnormal readings to change according to system load like a normal
    >sensor.And at the moment we cant really afford a new HSF,but will be
    >getting one soon,but the CPU isnt the problem.the CPU is running about
    >35-40C,"System" at 29-35C,and Remote 1 at 51-60C.And my video card

    Ah well that the CPU and maybe the onboard / under cpu dealt with, that
    leaves the chipset/s , likely to be in the mobo manual or tech support
    site for the mobo.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Aug 19, 2006