    Gigabyte won't answer my question. Video card makers only show XP &
    Visa drivers.

    Can anybody help? Thanks.
    Why, Nov 6, 2007

  2. Why

    nobody > Guest

    Why wrote:
    > I am wanting to buy this motherboard but I need to run W98SE on a duel
    > boot. I can't find if the built in video or any PCIe card has drivers
    > for W98SE. I could also use a regular pci card if I have to.
    > Gigabyte won't answer my question. Video card makers only show XP &
    > Visa drivers.
    >
    > Can anybody help? Thanks.

    If you only need 2D graphics, ie general business aps etc, use the 98SE
    standard/generic video driver for the onboard video. IIRC, it's smart
    enough to recognize the amount of video RAM available to allow
    reasonable resolution and color depth.
    nobody >, Nov 6, 2007

  3. Why

    Why Guest

    >Why wrote:
    >> I am wanting to buy this motherboard but I need to run W98SE on a duel
    >> boot. I can't find if the built in video or any PCIe card has drivers
    >> for W98SE. I could also use a regular pci card if I have to.
    >> Gigabyte won't answer my question. Video card makers only show XP &
    >> Visa drivers.
    >>
    >> Can anybody help? Thanks.

    >If you only need 2D graphics, ie general business aps etc, use the 98SE
    >standard/generic video driver for the onboard video. IIRC, it's smart
    >enough to recognize the amount of video RAM available to allow
    >reasonable resolution and color depth.

    Thanks I hope it has that in the onboard video. All I need is 2D for
    W98SE.
    Why, Nov 6, 2007