    Wisconsin
    "The Gigabyte GA-8I955X Royal comes with the ICH7R Southbridge chipset, which replaces the ICH6 on all 955X and 945P boards. The Intel 955X Northbridge supports Intel Pentium Extreme Edition and Pentium D dual core processors as well as any other LGA775 Intel Pentium 4 or Celeron processor. Two PCI Express x1 slots and three conventional PCI slots take care of expansion needs and the GA-8I955X Royal can support up to six IDE and six SATA II devices. Onboard peripherals include a Silicon Image SATA/RAID controller, a GIGARaid IDE/RAID controller, A pair of BroadCom Gigabit LAN adaptors and 7.1 channel Intel 'High Definition' sound."
    REVIEW URL: http://www.pcstats.com/artvnl.cfm?articleID=1834

    Silverstrand, Aug 10, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    i hate intel for creating a new chipset just for the dual core:(

    PUTALE, Aug 10, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    intel isn't very nice when it comes to cost...

    unholy, Aug 11, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    that's true unholy.

    PUTALE, Aug 16, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    so it be, i was researching amd and i came across proof that AMD k-6's are better then Intels P3 chip so DIE INTEL! :p

    unholy, Aug 17, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    hahaha, someone hate intel to the bone:).

    PUTALE, Aug 17, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Oh don't even go there.

    Flukemanguy, Aug 19, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    lol good point fluke

    unholy, Aug 20, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    :D

    Flukemanguy, Aug 20, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i still found proof that intel p3s are worse then amd k-6's :D

    unholy, Aug 20, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    Flukemanguy

    Joined: