    Shawn Guest

    Does gigabit LAN connection require special cables that are different
    from the typical RJ45s?
    Shawn, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Shawn

    Thor Guest

    CAT-6 cables I believe. But the connector is still RJ-45.

    Thor, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    Thanks...

    Shawn, Nov 22, 2003
  4. Shawn

    Wizard Guest

    Category 5e is what you want. The new Category 6 will also do it.
    3,4,5,5e,6 all use rj45 connectors.

    Wizard, Nov 22, 2003
  5. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    Just curious, is there a way to tell if a cable is 5 or 5e, other than
    testing it on a gigabit network?

    Shawn, Nov 25, 2003
  6. Shawn

    Wizard Guest

    Unless it says what it is on the jacket, no.

    Wizard, Nov 25, 2003