    else seen this prob and might have a solution.

    Thanks
    Kevin

    Alexdj, Jan 11, 2005

  2. Alexdj wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have just got a intel pro/1000 MT dual Nic. I have set up
    > etherchannel on the 2 switch ports and set up teaming within PROset.
    > Both side look like they are teamed correctly for load balancing. But
    > windows 2003 sees the virtual adapter connected at 1 Gbps. Has anyone
    > else seen this prob and might have a solution.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kevin

    If you have set up an Etherchannel on your switch already, the only
    thing you have to do is to enable it on your NIC, too. Intel NICs do
    support Etherchannel.

    Note: teaming != Etherchannel/trunking/link aggregation. Teaming is a HA
    feature only and I use it to connect a single server with two NICs to
    two seperate switches.

    You only have 1 Gbps when teaming because only one NIC is active, the
    other is in standby mode. Should the primary NIC fail, the standby NIC
    takes over.

    HTH,
    Alexander

    Alexander Apathy, Jan 11, 2005

  3. Alexdj

    alexdj Guest

    Hi cheers for the reply, I have set up the teaming on the nic and set
    it to "static link agregation" which is the term intel use for using
    etherchannel using pagp. and both nics show as active in the intel
    software , this is where im getting confused not sure if its just
    windows reporting the speed incorrectly

    alexdj, Jan 11, 2005
  4. alexdj wrote:
    > Hi cheers for the reply, I have set up the teaming on the nic and set
    > it to "static link agregation" which is the term intel use for using

    Long time ago, I took a look at the NIC settings :) Static link
    aggregation should do the thing for you, pagp is exactly what you need.

    > etherchannel using pagp. and both nics show as active in the intel
    > software , this is where im getting confused not sure if its just
    > windows reporting the speed incorrectly

    If the Intel PRO software shows both NICs active, it should work as
    expected. I can't remember, if Windows reports doubled speed in such a case.

    But there is some I/O information implemented in Intel's software you
    should check if really *both* NICs are sending/receiving traffic. On the
    switch you should display your EtherChannel / ports and check the
    counters for traffic.

    If you need further information I can post the relevant parts of a Fast
    EtherChannel config from a 8.1-based Cat6500 and some show outputs as
    well. In my case the channel goes to an ancient Linux box with two Intel
    PRO/100 cards.

    Alexander

    Alexander Apathy, Jan 12, 2005