Gift Horse

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, May 17, 2007.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    "Frosty" <> wrote in message
    > I have a happy mystery.
    > I use one of those pay-as-you-go cell phones.
    > Yesterday I had 5 min's left on it and had to go to a meeting.
    > Normally I would have just left the phone in the car to avoid it
    > ringing and disturbing everyone. But I forgot and carried it with me.
    > When I'd realized what I'd done, I decided to just turn the phone off,
    > and did.
    >
    > Afterwards, when back out in my car, I turned it back on and it
    > couldn't find a signal, so I just closed it and put it into my pocket.
    > Later on I opened it to make a call and found that it has 9999 min's
    > on it! (Due 1/14/2008) So, happily I proceeded to make some calls.
    > Now that's weird -n- all, but the really weird thing is that the min's
    > don't count down.
    >
    > Any of y'all ever seen this happen?

    Wait 'til you get the bill!!!!!!

    Frosty, May 17, 2007

  3. philo

    philo Guest

    > >Wait 'til you get the bill!!!!!!

    > You misunderstand.
    > There ain't no bills.
    > It's a pay-as-you-go
    > One must buy cards and pay as one buys them.
    > For example, I go to Wal-Mart and plunk down $60 and get 600 minutes.
    > When the minutes are gone I must go and buy another card.

    Oh...
    then that's a great deal!!!

    Don't complain about it.
    philo, May 17, 2007
  4. philo

    Frosty Guest

    On Thu, 17 May 2007 07:30:08 -0500 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "philo"
    <>, intended to write something intelligible, but

    Frosty, May 17, 2007
  5. philo

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 17 May 2007 08:31:57 -0500, Frosty wrote:

    >I have a happy mystery.

    Gift Horse - Steiff Plush Horse
    http://www.bear-world.com/acatalog/ean052187-m.jpg

    :)

    >I use one of those pay-as-you-go cell phones.
    >Yesterday I had 5 min's left on it and had to go to a meeting.
    >Normally I would have just left the phone in the car to avoid it

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, May 17, 2007
  6. "Frosty" <> wrote in message
    >I have a happy mystery.
    > I use one of those pay-as-you-go cell phones.
    > Yesterday I had 5 min's left on it and had to go to a meeting.
    > Normally I would have just left the phone in the car to avoid it
    > ringing and disturbing everyone. But I forgot and carried it with me.
    > When I'd realized what I'd done, I decided to just turn the phone off,
    > and did.
    >
    > Afterwards, when back out in my car, I turned it back on and it
    > couldn't find a signal, so I just closed it and put it into my pocket.
    > Later on I opened it to make a call and found that it has 9999 min's
    > on it! (Due 1/14/2008) So, happily I proceeded to make some calls.
    > Now that's weird -n- all, but the really weird thing is that the min's
    > don't count down.
    >
    > Any of y'all ever seen this happen?

    That's a know issue with the fart detection circuitry.

    Instead of sending a reading back to VZW Central when you cut a really big
    one, it registers free minutes between 1 and 9999 depending on the strength
    of what it sniffed....
    Charlie Allnut, May 17, 2007
  7. philo

    Frosty Guest

    On Thu, 17 May 2007 12:42:55 -0400 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "Charlie
    Allnut" <null@null>, intended to write something intelligible, but
    instead wrote :

    >"Frosty" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a happy mystery.
    >> I use one of those pay-as-you-go cell phones.
    >> Yesterday I had 5 min's left on it and had to go to a meeting.
    >> Normally I would have just left the phone in the car to avoid it
    >> ringing and disturbing everyone. But I forgot and carried it with me.
    >> When I'd realized what I'd done, I decided to just turn the phone off,
    >> and did.
    >>
    >> Afterwards, when back out in my car, I turned it back on and it
    >> couldn't find a signal, so I just closed it and put it into my pocket.
    >> Later on I opened it to make a call and found that it has 9999 min's
    >> on it! (Due 1/14/2008) So, happily I proceeded to make some calls.
    >> Now that's weird -n- all, but the really weird thing is that the min's
    >> don't count down.
    >>
    >> Any of y'all ever seen this happen?

    >That's a know issue with the fart detection circuitry.
    >
    >Instead of sending a reading back to VZW Central when you cut a really big
    >one, it registers free minutes between 1 and 9999 depending on the strength
    >of what it sniffed....

    Makes as much sense as anything.
    Frosty, May 18, 2007
  8. philo

    Guest

    Frosty <> wrote:

    >Afterwards, when back out in my car, I turned it back on and it
    >couldn't find a signal, so I just closed it and put it into my pocket.
    >Later on I opened it to make a call and found that it has 9999 min's
    >on it! (Due 1/14/2008) So, happily I proceeded to make some calls.
    >Now that's weird -n- all, but the really weird thing is that the min's
    >don't count down.

    DO NOT remove the battery for any reason, just a reminder.

    >Any of y'all ever seen this happen?

    No but I have a son who would not only enjoy such a fluke, but use
    every minute.

    --
    Psychologist offers advice on surviving a vicious Internet ass-kicking
    http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2810621