    If so, lets Willy Wonka Columbia Tristar/

    Damn I was looking forward to the first Cinemascope Gidget movie in 16:9

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Michael Rogers

    jayembee Guest

    says...

    > Is this true?

    Every indication is that it is.

    > Damn I was looking forward to the first Cinemascope Gidget movie in 16:9

    It seems to be that if they think something is a "family film", they'll
    release it fullscreen only. Pisses me off, as they did the same thing with
    THE TROUBLE WITH ANGELS and its sequel. Hell, a widescreen master of TTWA
    definitely exists, as Turner Classic Movies has shown the film in widescreen.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Aug 3, 2004

  3. jayembee wrote:

    > says...
    >

    >>Is this true?

    > Every indication is that it is.
    >

    >>Damn I was looking forward to the first Cinemascope Gidget movie in 16:9

    > It seems to be that if they think something is a "family film", they'll
    > release it fullscreen only. Pisses me off, as they did the same thing with
    > THE TROUBLE WITH ANGELS and its sequel. Hell, a widescreen master of TTWA
    > definitely exists, as Turner Classic Movies has shown the film in widescreen.

    Yes, and I have it on D-VHS.

    Matthew

    Matthew L. Martin, Aug 6, 2004