    What am I doing wrong?-
    What can I do to fix this problem and ghost my drive?-

    Please I need help asap.........Veronica Hernandez

    Veronica Hernandez, Nov 1, 2004

  2. Veronica Hernandez

    TheRedCat Guest

    On 1 Nov 2004 09:22:27 -0800, (Veronica
    Hernandez) wrote:

    >I am trying to ghost a hard drive but I do not know if I am doing this
    >right.
    >I am intalling the good HD on top and setting the jumpers to master,
    >intalling the bad one on bottom and setting the jumpers to slave. I
    >boot from floppy, start the Ghosting process, select source 1
    >destination 2, click ok to start ghosting... then it gives me an error
    >message:
    >
    >"Internal Error 37013"
    >An internal inconsistency has been detected.
    >
    >What am I doing wrong?-
    >What can I do to fix this problem and ghost my drive?-
    >
    >Please I need help asap.........Veronica Hernandez

    Hi Veronica

    It sounds as if you are going about things the right way, so what's
    going wrong. Firstly, you say a 'bad drive'. If the drive is faulty in
    some way, or the file tables are corrupt then this may explain why
    Ghost isn't. Ghost will copy a drive bugs and all and will not repair
    errors.

    A second reason may be the version of Ghost. Ghost 2000 had severe
    limitations on ntfs drives which have been happily overcome in Ghost
    2003.

    Perhaps some more detail may help to nail the problem down.

    TheRedCat, Nov 1, 2004

  3. Veronica Hernandez

    Stevo Guest

    Veronica Hernandez wrote:
    > I am trying to ghost a hard drive but I do not know if I am doing this
    > right.
    > I am intalling the good HD on top and setting the jumpers to master,
    > intalling the bad one on bottom and setting the jumpers to slave. I
    > boot from floppy, start the Ghosting process, select source 1
    > destination 2, click ok to start ghosting... then it gives me an error
    > message:
    >
    > "Internal Error 37013"
    > An internal inconsistency has been detected.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?-
    > What can I do to fix this problem and ghost my drive?-
    >
    > Please I need help asap.........Veronica Hernandez

    If you have the new drive set as Master, and the old as Slave, I would
    have thought the source would be 2 (old drive), the destination 1 (new
    drive).

    Which version of Ghost are you using?

    --
    Stevo