    Rom that will allow me to image the drives?

    Thanks

    Brian
    NoSpam, Apr 14, 2004

  2. NoSpam

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "NoSpam" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a laptop that has a modular floppy drive bay that I can swap with a
    > second hard drive in it's place. I want to image my primary drive to the
    > modular drive for a back up. But I can't boot from the floppy drive as

    it's
    > out in order to have the modular hard drive in.
    > My question is will Ghost or Drive Image allow you to create a bootable CD
    > Rom that will allow me to image the drives?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Brian

    Norton Ghost will. I haven't tried it myself, but I did read the docs about
    it.

    Toolman
    Toolman Tim, Apr 14, 2004

  3. NoSpam

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 22:41:19 -0400, "NoSpam" <> wrote:

    >I have a laptop that has a modular floppy drive bay that I can swap with a
    >second hard drive in it's place. I want to image my primary drive to the
    >modular drive for a back up. But I can't boot from the floppy drive as it's
    >out in order to have the modular hard drive in.
    >My question is will Ghost or Drive Image allow you to create a bootable CD
    >Rom that will allow me to image the drives?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Brian

    Make the Norton Ghost bootable floppy disk, then use the floppy to create a
    bootable CD. I used NTI CD/DVD Maker. I selected create "Data CD", copied
    the floppy's programs to the burn window, then checked the box, "Bootable
    CD". When I clicked burn, It asked me if I wanted to use the bootable floppy
    for the CD boot. I answered yes, and it only took a few minuter to create
    the CD. It booted just fine. Ghost started right up.

    Whatever burning software you use probably has similar options.
    Unk, Apr 14, 2004
  4. NoSpam wrote:

    > I have a laptop that has a modular floppy drive bay that I can swap with a
    > second hard drive in it's place. I want to image my primary drive to the
    > modular drive for a back up. But I can't boot from the floppy drive as it's
    > out in order to have the modular hard drive in.
    > My question is will Ghost or Drive Image allow you to create a bootable CD
    > Rom that will allow me to image the drives?

    It will.

    What I did was backup my partition to a compressed ghost file on a
    second partition. I then followed http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/ to create a
    bootable cd with the image, ghost.exe and a generic mouse driver.

    I'd reccommend testing it on a CD-RW to be sure you got it right.

    --
    Groeten/Regards
    Jeroen Wijnands
    Jeroen Wijnands, Apr 14, 2004
  5. NoSpam

    Willard Guest

    NoSpam wrote:
    > I have a laptop that has a modular floppy drive bay that I can swap with a
    > second hard drive in it's place. I want to image my primary drive to the
    > modular drive for a back up. But I can't boot from the floppy drive as it's
    > out in order to have the modular hard drive in.
    > My question is will Ghost or Drive Image allow you to create a bootable CD
    > Rom that will allow me to image the drives?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Brian

    I use PowerQuest's DriveImage7.0 "CopyDrive" program using Win2k..
    You can select whether to make the copied drive active or not, since you
    should not reboot with two active Win2K drives..

    Willard
    Willard, Apr 14, 2004
  6. NoSpam

    Tim Guest

    NoSpam wrote:
    > I have a laptop that has a modular floppy drive bay that I can swap
    > with a second hard drive in it's place. I want to image my primary
    > drive to the modular drive for a back up. But I can't boot from the
    > floppy drive as it's out in order to have the modular hard drive in.
    > My question is will Ghost or Drive Image allow you to create a
    > bootable CD Rom that will allow me to image the drives?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Brian

    If you get the CD version of Drive Image 2002, the installation disk is
    bootable.
    Tim, Apr 14, 2004