    We're just looking at whether to buy Ghost licenses for laptops. For
    imaging they would be useful to have. For anything that involves the
    console, WOL is very useful.

    SchoolTech, Mar 15, 2006

  2. SchoolTech

    Dave Taylor Guest

    SchoolTech <> wrote in news:4417abc2$1
    @clear.net.nz:

    > The way you are supposed to be able to tell is if the network adapter
    > lights stay on when it is shut down. Doesn't seem to be the case for all
    > laptops.

    I turn off WOL for all laptops I have ever used, because I can. This
    setting is in the properties of the NIC driver. Poke around in there.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Mar 15, 2006

  3. SchoolTech

    SchoolTech Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > SchoolTech <> wrote in news:4417abc2$1
    > @clear.net.nz:
    >
    >> The way you are supposed to be able to tell is if the network adapter
    >> lights stay on when it is shut down. Doesn't seem to be the case for all
    >> laptops.

    > I turn off WOL for all laptops I have ever used, because I can. This
    > setting is in the properties of the NIC driver. Poke around in there.

    Those settings are for Windows. I doubt they have any impact on Ghost.

    SchoolTech, Mar 16, 2006
  4. SchoolTech

    Dave Taylor Guest

    SchoolTech <> wrote in news:4418b2d0$1
    @clear.net.nz:

    > Those settings are for Windows. I doubt they have any impact on Ghost.

    Good point.
    Look in the BIOS.
    WOL is also known as Magic Packet.

    --