Ghost or prank?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Jan 11, 2008.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    richard, Jan 11, 2008

  2. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:14:38 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/offbeat/2007/11/14/lai.gas.ghost.woio?DPFPR=true
    >
    >A strange blue blob floats around a service station and getting caught
    >on video?
    >At one point it perfectly fills the windshield of a car?
    >Yet can't be seen outdoors?
    >Me thinks this falls under the prank category and the news media is
    >gullible.

    <Before loading link>

    The old 'bug / insect walking on camera screen?

    <Watches video>
    Yep.
    Evan Platt, Jan 11, 2008

  3. richard

    Guest

    richard <> wrote:

    >http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/offbeat/2007/11/14/lai.gas.ghost.woio?DPFPR=true
    >
    >A strange blue blob floats around a service station and getting caught
    >on video?
    >At one point it perfectly fills the windshield of a car?
    >Yet can't be seen outdoors?
    >Me thinks this falls under the prank category and the news media is
    >gullible.

    Notice the date of this: November 14, 2007

    It was a bug on the lens.
    --

    Hubble finds double Einstein ring
    http://www.spacetelescope.org/news/html/heic0803.html
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:06:35 -0800, wrote:

    > richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/offbeat/2007/11/14/lai.gas.ghost.woio?DPFPR=true
    >>
    >>A strange blue blob floats around a service station and getting caught
    >>on video?
    >>At one point it perfectly fills the windshield of a car?
    >>Yet can't be seen outdoors?
    >>Me thinks this falls under the prank category and the news media is
    >>gullible.

    >Notice the date of this: November 14, 2007
    >
    >It was a bug on the lens.

    No this was no bug. Because no bug can change it's' size and shape and
    cover a 1/4th of the screen. More than likely done with software like
    the tv stations use to block out areas and faces when needed. I
    couldn't believe the idiots fell for it.
    richard, Jan 11, 2008
  5. richard

    Guest

    richard <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:06:35 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >> richard <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/offbeat/2007/11/14/lai.gas.ghost.woio?DPFPR=true

    >>>A strange blue blob floats around a service station and getting caught
    >>>on video?
    >>>At one point it perfectly fills the windshield of a car?
    >>>Yet can't be seen outdoors?
    >>>Me thinks this falls under the prank category and the news media is
    >>>gullible.

    >>Notice the date of this: November 14, 2007
    >>
    >>It was a bug on the lens.

    >No this was no bug. Because no bug can change it's' size and shape and
    >cover a 1/4th of the screen. More than likely done with software like
    >the tv stations use to block out areas and faces when needed. I
    >couldn't believe the idiots fell for it.

    This has been done to death, depending upon where you frequent.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlNynxlZflc

    --

    Hubble finds double Einstein ring
    http://www.spacetelescope.org/news/html/heic0803.html
    , Jan 11, 2008
  6. richard

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    > <Before loading link>
    >
    > The old 'bug / insect walking on camera screen?
    >
    > <Watches video>
    > Yep.

    I think it moves like a lizard/gecko.
    If the camera is in a weatherproof dome, and there is color
    correction...
    Mitch, Jan 11, 2008
  7. richard

    ellis_jay Guest

    richard wrote:
    > On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:06:35 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >> richard <> wrote:

    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/offbeat/2007/11/14/lai.gas.ghost.woio?DPFPR=true

    >>> A strange blue blob floats around a service station and getting
    >>> caught on video?
    >>> At one point it perfectly fills the windshield of a car?
    >>> Yet can't be seen outdoors?
    >>> Me thinks this falls under the prank category and the news media is
    >>> gullible.

    >> Notice the date of this: November 14, 2007
    >>
    >> It was a bug on the lens.

    > No this was no bug. Because no bug can change it's' size and shape and
    > cover a 1/4th of the screen. More than likely done with software like
    > the tv stations use to block out areas and faces when needed. I
    > couldn't believe the idiots fell for it.

    Seems similar in nature to what are called "rods". It turns out that the
    "rods" were moths that appeared differently because of the camera speed..

    --
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his
    government. ___Edward Abbey
    ellis_jay, Jan 11, 2008
  8. richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:06:00 -0800, wrote:

    > richard <> wrote:

    >>>Notice the date of this: November 14, 2007
    >>>
    >>>It was a bug on the lens.

    >>No this was no bug. Because no bug can change it's' size and shape and
    >>cover a 1/4th of the screen. More than likely done with software like
    >>the tv stations use to block out areas and faces when needed. I
    >>couldn't believe the idiots fell for it.

    >This has been done to death, depending upon where you frequent.
    >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlNynxlZflc

    Once you see that video, you will understand that it is actually a
    bug.
    With the wall surface being blue, ergo, reflected light colors the out
    of focus bug, well, duh, blue.
    Besides the camera itself in dire need of adjustment.
    Evident by the fact that the reporter's clothing color changed from
    blue to red.
    richard, Jan 11, 2008