Ghost Lab show

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by George, Nov 11, 2009.

  1. George

    George Guest

    I've watched a few of these shows on Discovery Channel just for kicks. I
    just have to crack up laughing because they always seem to come up with
    some item that proves the place is haunted. Tonight's show was a bit more
    interesting. They were investigating a place where the infamous actor John
    Wilkes Booth was reported to haunt. Which was a theatre used by the actor.
    Not Ford's. But one in Oklahoma. Granberry I think?

    So in this show, they set the stage, literally. They have 20 or so local
    people come in and act like there's going to be a performance. During their
    little charade, the audio equipment picks up something barely audible. Back
    inside their portable lab they listen to the recording. "Yes, I'm John
    Wilkes Booth". Now come on already. Hasn't Hollywood and even vaudeville
    been doing this trick for decades?

    I also happen to know that there is equipment out there can transmit voices
    in the sub-audible range of frequencies. So you add in a little clutter
    purely for the effect and bingo, you have your ghost voice. Like how are
    you the viewer gonna prove it's a fake?

    Gotta love these guys. They always get their ghost.

    George, Nov 11, 2009

  2. George

    olfart Guest

    "George" <> wrote in message
    > I've watched a few of these shows on Discovery Channel just for kicks. I
    > just have to crack up laughing because they always seem to come up with
    > some item that proves the place is haunted. Tonight's show was a bit more
    > interesting. They were investigating a place where the infamous actor John
    > Wilkes Booth was reported to haunt. Which was a theatre used by the actor.
    > Not Ford's. But one in Oklahoma. Granberry I think?
    >
    > So in this show, they set the stage, literally. They have 20 or so local
    > people come in and act like there's going to be a performance. During
    > their
    > little charade, the audio equipment picks up something barely audible.
    > Back
    > inside their portable lab they listen to the recording. "Yes, I'm John
    > Wilkes Booth". Now come on already. Hasn't Hollywood and even vaudeville
    > been doing this trick for decades?
    >
    > I also happen to know that there is equipment out there can transmit
    > voices
    > in the sub-audible range of frequencies. So you add in a little clutter
    > purely for the effect and bingo, you have your ghost voice. Like how are
    > you the viewer gonna prove it's a fake?
    >
    > Gotta love these guys. They always get their ghost.

    and your question is ?????

    olfart, Nov 11, 2009

  3. George

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Bada bing Rôgêr <> bada bang:
    > George wrote:
    >> <snip whatever>
    >> Gotta love these guys. They always get their ghost.

    > About 2 minutes of "I just felt someone go past me!!" is all I can take
    > of that show's premise. Or their infrared cam saying there's a warm spot
    > on that wall. Ghost Lab is worse than the UFO Hunters for jumping to
    > conclusions.

    There's always the Ghost Hunters and their new academy on the
    SyFy Channel (formerly known as SciFi)

    Mike "and better described as SighFie" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Nov 11, 2009