    new drive contain 'locked out' sectors?

    --
    Bri.

    Bri., Oct 20, 2003

  2. Bri.

    Harrison Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:12:14 +0100, "Bri." <> wrote:

    >One of my HDDs has bad sectors, which were locked out during the last
    >format. If I transfer a Ghost image from it, to another HDD, will the
    >new drive contain 'locked out' sectors?

    It shouldn't, but you could run a full scan on it afterwards to make
    sure.

    Harrison
    Skype:windowshelp

    Harrison, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Bri.

    Bri. Guest

    Harrison typed...
    > On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:12:14 +0100, "Bri." <> wrote:
    >
    >> One of my HDDs has bad sectors, which were locked out during the last
    >> format. If I transfer a Ghost image from it, to another HDD, will
    >> the new drive contain 'locked out' sectors?

    > It shouldn't, but you could run a full scan on it afterwards to make
    > sure.
    >
    > Harrison
    > Skype:windowshelp

    Thank you.

    --
    Bri.

    Bri., Oct 20, 2003
  4. Bri.

    mark mandel Guest

    "Bri." <> wrote in message
    > One of my HDDs has bad sectors, which were locked out during the last
    > format. If I transfer a Ghost image from it, to another HDD, will the
    > new drive contain 'locked out' sectors?
    >
    > --
    > Bri.

    Shouldn't be a problem. I myself transferred a Ghost image onto a dead
    drive and when running the PC after it functioned though decidedly below
    par, this because the drive was unable to write data due to corrupted
    sectors. I wound up tossing it out and transferring the Ghost image to my
    other "slave" drive and that went fine as well.

    Mark Mandell

    mark mandel, Oct 20, 2003
  5. Bri.

    Bri. Guest

    mark mandel typed...
    > "Bri." <> wrote in message
    >> One of my HDDs has bad sectors, which were locked out during the last
    >> format. If I transfer a Ghost image from it, to another HDD, will
    >> the new drive contain 'locked out' sectors?
    >>

    > Shouldn't be a problem. I myself transferred a Ghost image onto a
    > dead drive and when running the PC after it functioned though
    > decidedly below par, this because the drive was unable to write data
    > due to corrupted sectors. I wound up tossing it out and transferring
    > the Ghost image to my other "slave" drive and that went fine as well.
    >
    > Mark Mandell

    Thanks Mark.
    --
    Bri.