    the whole lot up and then send it across followed by an unzip command.
    But then using up a lot of unnecessary bandwidth.

    The issue seems to be the "Access denied" message, how do I fix this?
    SCCC, Jul 20, 2005

  2. SCCC

    Dave Taylor Guest

    SCCC <> wrote in news:dbkti6$ds3$:

    > The issue seems to be the "Access denied" message, how do I fix this?

    Enable the Guest account on the file host computer.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jul 21, 2005

  3. SCCC

    SCCC Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > SCCC <> wrote in news:dbkti6$ds3$:
    >

    >>The issue seems to be the "Access denied" message, how do I fix this?

    > Enable the Guest account on the file host computer.

    I'll try that next time, for now I have zipped the installation files
    and transmitted them to each machine, unzipped, executed the setup,
    copied the shortcut it creates to the desktop, and deleted the setup files.

    Maybe the version we have of Ghost is stripped down, but for such a
    powerful package, the user interface is incredibly primitive. They could
    at least use the client to give you access to a target machine that you
    can browse to when entering command parameters, or make it possible to
    edit commands, or change the order they appear in, etc.
    SCCC, Jul 21, 2005
  4. SCCC

    SCCC Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > SCCC <> wrote in news:dbkti6$ds3$:
    >

    >>The issue seems to be the "Access denied" message, how do I fix this?

    > Enable the Guest account on the file host computer.

    I tried sharing the files from a Win98 box and even that did not work.
    Surely you don't need a username and password to access a non password
    protected share in Win98.
    SCCC, Jul 21, 2005
  5. In article <dbo13s$3i3$>, says...

    > I tried sharing the files from a Win98 box and even that did not work.
    > Surely you don't need a username and password to access a non password
    > protected share in Win98.

    i.i.r.c. you need to be 'logged in' on the client machine though. The
    test used to be you click on the start button and look if there is an
    item at the bottom Log off [username] - if it wasn't there, the shares
    [usually] wouldn't work either.
    I _think_ uninstalling and re-installing networking on the client
    machine fixes it.

    -P.
    Peter Huebner, Jul 21, 2005
  6. In article <>,
    Peter Huebner <> wrote:

    >I _think_ uninstalling and re-installing networking on the client
    >machine fixes it.

    Standard remedy for Dimdows configuration screwups...
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jul 22, 2005
  7. SCCC

    Rob J Guest

    On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:02:59 +1200, Lawrence D¹Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Peter Huebner <> wrote:
    >
    >>I _think_ uninstalling and re-installing networking on the client
    >>machine fixes it.

    >Standard remedy for Dimdows configuration screwups...

    Linux doesn't have screwups, it's always the user's fault
    Rob J, Jul 23, 2005
  8. In article <>,
    Rob J <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:02:59 +1200, Lawrence D¹Oliveiro
    ><_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> Peter Huebner <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I _think_ uninstalling and re-installing networking on the client
    >>>machine fixes it.

    >>Standard remedy for Dimdows configuration screwups...

    >Linux doesn't have screwups, it's always the user's fault

    I've done a lot of Linux troubleshooting over the years, and it's never
    even been that.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jul 23, 2005