    I don't recognise the latest jargon?

    Regards

    Ron McNulty
    Ron McNulty, May 2, 2004

  2. Ron McNulty

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Ron McNulty wrote:
    > The last few days there have been quite a few posts with odd subjects
    > like 'ggxvaszvr'.
    >
    > Are these the result of a virus? Or have I finally fallen so far
    > behind that I don't recognise the latest jargon?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Ron McNulty

    I was wondering about that too.

    Some of them had lists of email addresses that looked as though they were
    generated, so they could be a spam trap (distributed by... spamming).

    Someone just suggested to me that they could be some form of code. Not too
    sure about that theory.
    Nik Coughin, May 2, 2004

  3. Ron McNulty

    Collector Guest

    Nik Coughin wrote:

    >Ron McNulty wrote:
    >

    >>The last few days there have been quite a few posts with odd subjects
    >>like 'ggxvaszvr'.
    >>
    >>Are these the result of a virus? Or have I finally fallen so far
    >>behind that I don't recognise the latest jargon?
    >>
    >>Regards
    >>
    >>Ron McNulty
    >>

    >I was wondering about that too.
    >
    >Some of them had lists of email addresses that looked as though they were
    >generated, so they could be a spam trap (distributed by... spamming).
    >
    >Someone just suggested to me that they could be some form of code. Not too
    >sure about that theory.

    They look very much like something and associate an I discussed on a
    group a while back.
    The objective was to generate automatically a range of either emails or
    NNTP postings that would clog the Echolon Dictionaries used to sort
    through and flag electronic communications for the various spy agencies
    around the world.
    The random placement of a range of trigger keywords causes the
    dictionaries at Waihopi and other locations to flag them as "Bad"
    messages and copy them to the spy agencies.
    Collector, May 2, 2004
  4. Ron McNulty

    PseUDO Guest

    Ron McNulty wrote:
    > The last few days there have been quite a few posts with odd subjects like
    > 'ggxvaszvr'.
    >
    > Are these the result of a virus? Or have I finally fallen so far behind that
    > I don't recognise the latest jargon?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Ron McNulty

    They are random messages with keywords designed to be picked up by the
    echelon computer system that scans emails etc for words that could
    possibly signal a terrorist threat etc.

    The person sending them is trying to cause problems for the echelon
    computers, most likely without any luck.

    Ever seen the spy station at Waihopai at Blenheim??

    http://www.fas.org/irp/program/process/echelon.htm

    Remember all the posts on these newsgroups are scanned for keyword
    threats, and any keywords that are in the echelon dictionary are flagged
    and the text is then sent to human analysis at the NSA in the states.

    PseUDO
    PseUDO, May 2, 2004
  5. Ron McNulty

    Wyn Guest

    PseUDO wrote:
    > Ron McNulty wrote:
    >> The last few days there have been quite a few posts with odd
    >> subjects like 'ggxvaszvr'.
    >>
    >> Are these the result of a virus? Or have I finally fallen so far
    >> behind that I don't recognise the latest jargon?
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Ron McNulty
    >>

    > They are random messages with keywords designed to be picked up by the
    > echelon computer system that scans emails etc for words that could
    > possibly signal a terrorist threat etc.
    >
    > The person sending them is trying to cause problems for the echelon
    > computers, most likely without any luck.
    >
    > Ever seen the spy station at Waihopai at Blenheim??
    >
    > http://www.fas.org/irp/program/process/echelon.htm
    >
    > Remember all the posts on these newsgroups are scanned for keyword
    > threats, and any keywords that are in the echelon dictionary are
    > flagged
    > and the text is then sent to human analysis at the NSA in the states.
    >
    > PseUDO

    Well, if this is the purpose, and if they are aiming at Waihopai, I wish
    they'd post to nz.test instead of nz.comp. The posts are getting so long
    they might end up as DoSs. :)
    Wyn, May 2, 2004
  6. Wyn
    > PseUDO wrote:

    > > Remember all the posts on these newsgroups are scanned for keyword
    > > threats, and any keywords that are in the echelon dictionary are
    > > flagged
    > > and the text is then sent to human analysis at the NSA in the states.

    Bulldust
    Patrick Dunford, May 3, 2004
  7. Ron McNulty

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > Wyn
    >> PseUDO wrote:

    >>> Remember all the posts on these newsgroups are scanned for keyword
    >>> threats, and any keywords that are in the echelon dictionary are
    >>> flagged
    >>> and the text is then sent to human analysis at the NSA in the
    >>> states.

    > Bulldust

    What's bulldust?

    That newsgroups are scanned by Echelon?

    That text found by Echelon is sent to the NSA for human analysis?

    That Echelon exists?
    Nik Coughin, May 3, 2004
  8. Ron McNulty

    Collector Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:

    >Wyn
    >

    >>PseUDO wrote:
    >>

    >>>Remember all the posts on these newsgroups are scanned for keyword
    >>>threats, and any keywords that are in the echelon dictionary are
    >>>flagged
    >>>and the text is then sent to human analysis at the NSA in the states.
    >>>

    >Bulldust

    Yes it is bull dust.
    We worked out very quickly that the only streams pocessed by Echlon
    where the satalite streams.

    But that said, the groups and many other internet protocols are checked
    by NSA but not quite in the manner suggested.
    Collector, May 3, 2004