    2.0. Does it make any difference which one I use in order to burn DVDs? I
    am going to try to use Nero 6.

    Steve

    Steve, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Steve

    Brian Guest

    "Steve" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:ZjRzc.61261$Sw.5223@attbi_s51...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a Sony DCR-TRV33. This camera can use either firewire (1394) or

    USB
    > 2.0. Does it make any difference which one I use in order to burn DVDs?

    > am going to try to use Nero 6.
    >
    > Steve

    not realy 100% sure but i think that with usb u can only stream and not
    capture.. but firewire can definately do both...

    Brian, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Steve

    J M Guest

    In article <ZjRzc.61261$Sw.5223@attbi_s51>, Steve <>
    wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a Sony DCR-TRV33. This camera can use either firewire (1394) or USB
    > 2.0. Does it make any difference which one I use in order to burn DVDs? I
    > am going to try to use Nero 6.

    It makes a difference in performance of the burning process.
    Firewire is fast and efficient, USB 2 is fast but has to be run through
    the processor and slows down other tasks.

    Are you sure you want to burn directly to DVD?
    I mean, are you going to send the camera data straight to DVD, and do
    you know how and why?

    J M, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Steve

    ProfGene Guest

    I have heard that USB is faster but either one might drop frames if you dont
    have enough memory or raid. When you drop just a few frames the picture
    might not suffer much but the sound could become choppy. I use an ADS
    device after I was unable to keep from dropping frames and it works good.
    Try both and see which works best.

    ProfGene, Jun 16, 2004
  5. Steve

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a Sony DCR-TRV33. This camera can use either firewire (1394) or

    USB
    > 2.0. Does it make any difference which one I use in order to burn DVDs?

    > am going to try to use Nero 6.
    >
    > Steve

    i would recommend sending the file(s) to your HDD first, then burn it to DVD
    from there.
    USB2 vs 1394 is irrelvant, you may not see a difference in speed. but
    burning to DVD will depend on your computer's specs.

    i would not recommend sending directly from camera to dvd.
    but if you must, use firewire instead of usb2. ide (HDD) is faster than
    either 1394 or USB2.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Jun 16, 2004