    connection. I am able to reconnect, but it's a vicious cycle.

    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    Troy

    =?Utf-8?B?dHJveV95?=, Dec 26, 2004

  2. From the linksys KB:
    If your wireless signal is intermittent, then you are most likely you are
    experiencing 2.4 GHz interference. You will need to try switching channels
    and changing the SSI D on your WRT54G. The best channels are 1, 6 and 11. To
    switch channels:

    1. Using a computer that is plugged into the router directly with a
    network cable, open a web browser.

    2. In the “Address Bar†type http://192.168.1.1 and press Enter.

    3. A box should appear asking for a “User Name†and a “Passwordâ€.
    Leave the “User Name†field empty, and type your WRT54G router password into
    the “Password†field (the default “Password†is admin) and click the OK
    button or press [Enter].

    4. The WRT54G “Setup†page should now appear. Click onto the Wireless
    page.

    5. When the “Wireless†page loads, you should be on the Basic Wireless
    Settings sub-section.

    6. Look for the “Wireless Channel†option. The default channel is set
    to “6 - 2.437GHzâ€. Change it to either “1 - 2.412GHzâ€, or “11 - 2.462GHzâ€.

    7. Click on the Save Settings button toward the bottom of the page to
    save changes. Click Continue when prompted to reload the page.

    8. The channel of your WRT54G has now been changed. Restart your
    wireless computers so that they can automatically connect using the new
    channel.

    9. If you still experiencing interference using channels 1, 6, or 11,
    try switching the router to the other channels as well (2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9,
    10) and find one that captures a good connection.

    Author:
    KBSM

    Copyright © 2003 Cisco Systems, Inc.

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnaA==?=, Dec 26, 2004