    brute force technique?

    TIA & cheers

    Warwick

    Warwick, Oct 11, 2004

  2. "Warwick" <> wrote in message
    news:186pgxaqu06er.ffagz1c02te0$...
    > I have a PC company machine, upright desktop case. The side the mobo on is
    > hinged. There is a plastic U bracket that holds the hinge shut.
    > Problem is, after taking the pci and agp cards out, and releasing the U
    > bracket the hinged piece refuses to open.
    > I have applied varying amounts of force to it, gently levered edges and
    > sides to try and get it open, but it's a stubborn sob.
    > Anyone got ne ideas on how I might get the mobo out? (I have bought a new
    > case). Alternatively, where should I apply a lever if I am left with a
    > brute force technique?
    >
    > TIA & cheers
    >
    > Warwick

    Most of the PC company cases I have seen require undoing 4 screws before you
    can un-hinge the motherboard tray.

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Oct 11, 2004

  3. Warwick

    J Guest

    On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:11:02 +1300, Warwick <>
    wrote:

    >I have a PC company machine, upright desktop case. The side the mobo on is
    >hinged. There is a plastic U bracket that holds the hinge shut.
    >Problem is, after taking the pci and agp cards out, and releasing the U
    >bracket the hinged piece refuses to open.
    >I have applied varying amounts of force to it, gently levered edges and
    >sides to try and get it open, but it's a stubborn sob.
    >Anyone got ne ideas on how I might get the mobo out? (I have bought a new
    >case). Alternatively, where should I apply a lever if I am left with a
    >brute force technique?
    >
    >TIA & cheers
    >
    >Warwick

    two screws on the front side of the tray. three perhaps four
    thumbscrews on the rear of the case..

    J, Oct 11, 2004
  4. In article <> in nz.comp on
    Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:37:53 +1300, <J <>> says...
    > On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:11:02 +1300, Warwick <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I have a PC company machine, upright desktop case. The side the mobo on is
    > >hinged. There is a plastic U bracket that holds the hinge shut.
    > >Problem is, after taking the pci and agp cards out, and releasing the U
    > >bracket the hinged piece refuses to open.
    > >I have applied varying amounts of force to it, gently levered edges and
    > >sides to try and get it open, but it's a stubborn sob.
    > >Anyone got ne ideas on how I might get the mobo out? (I have bought a new
    > >case). Alternatively, where should I apply a lever if I am left with a
    > >brute force technique?
    > >
    > >TIA & cheers
    > >
    > >Warwick

    > two screws on the front side of the tray. three perhaps four
    > thumbscrews on the rear of the case..

    And it wasn't a PC Chips motherboard was it...hardly worth it with one of
    these.

    Patrick Dunford, Oct 11, 2004
  5. Warwick

    Harry Guest

    Warwick wrote:

    > I have a PC company machine, upright desktop case. The side the mobo on is
    > hinged. There is a plastic U bracket that holds the hinge shut.
    > Problem is, after taking the pci and agp cards out, and releasing the U
    > bracket the hinged piece refuses to open.
    > I have applied varying amounts of force to it, gently levered edges and
    > sides to try and get it open, but it's a stubborn sob.
    > Anyone got ne ideas on how I might get the mobo out? (I have bought a new
    > case). Alternatively, where should I apply a lever if I am left with a
    > brute force technique?

    Look carefully at the case and plastic U bracket.

    You should be able to see why it isn't moving.

    When you wriggle it you should be able to see the point which is
    moving the least. That is where something must happen.

    Harry, Oct 11, 2004