    file.
    From there, i burned those files onto a disk.

    My problem is even though i have it set on the BIOS to read the disk first,
    it wont load the disk.

    Does anyone know how to fix this?
    =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueTgzNzI=?=, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Tony8372 <> wrote:
    > Hey guys, i downloaded the windows 64 bit addition, which came in an
    > ISO file. I had to also download WinImage so i could extract the
    > files from the ISO file.
    > From there, i burned those files onto a disk.
    >
    > My problem is even though i have it set on the BIOS to read the disk
    > first, it wont load the disk.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to fix this?

    Yes, simple...
    DON'T extract the files, an ISO must be burned as an iso file, use Nero for
    exemple, or any cd burner.
    If you extract the files, your CD is not bootable...
    It's an ISO file, not a RAR file, so no reason to extract the content...

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy, Jun 27, 2005

  3. No, you are not suppose to extract the ISO, here are the instructions on how
    to burn an ISO:

    you have to burn it CD, not copy it, do not extract the ISO, thats the bad
    way
    to do it. You need boot off the Windows XP Professional x64 CD-ROM to do the
    installation, can't run setup from within 32 bit Windows.

    Instructions for burning ISO using either Nero or Easy CD Creator:
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005
  4. Hi Tony,
    To make your life easier.
    1) you'll need Nero (trial or whichever) installed.
    2) Rt. click on the .ISO you downloaded & choose 'Open With" / nero.
    3) Burn the CD.

    4) Reboot your PC w/ the CD in the slot.
    5) At the CMOS screen hit your F8 key / chose your CD Drive.
    Note: there is no need to change your boot order in your 'BIOS setup' if you
    go the F8 way.
    6) Hit any key quickly when the message comes up.

    Thats what i do & its worked for me many times with x64.

    =?Utf-8?B?dmlwZXI=?=, Jun 28, 2005
  5. viper got up from the bar and shouted: :
    > Hi Tony,
    > To make your life easier.
    > 1) you'll need Nero (trial or whichever) installed.
    > 2) Rt. click on the .ISO you downloaded & choose 'Open With" / nero.
    > 3) Burn the CD.
    >
    > 4) Reboot your PC w/ the CD in the slot.
    > 5) At the CMOS screen hit your F8 key / chose your CD Drive.
    > Note: there is no need to change your boot order in your 'BIOS setup' if you
    > go the F8 way.
    > 6) Hit any key quickly when the message comes up.
    >
    > Thats what i do & its worked for me many times with x64.
    >
    > "Tony8372" wrote:
    >
    >> Hey guys, i downloaded the windows 64 bit addition, which came in an ISO file.
    >> I had to also download WinImage so i could extract the files from the ISO
    >> file.
    >> From there, i burned those files onto a disk.
    >>
    >> My problem is even though i have it set on the BIOS to read the disk first,
    >> it wont load the disk.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how to fix this?

    whatever happened to Microsofts Powertoy ISObuner?
    Mark Gillespie, Jun 28, 2005
  6. You are talking about ISO Recorder:
    http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/Beta.htm

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 28, 2005