    Please advise.
    thks,
    Jose

    Jose A. Vigoa, Nov 3, 2007

  2. Jose A. Vigoa

    Sunny Guest

    "Jose A. Vigoa" <> wrote in message
    news:UQTWi.46848$...
    >I am getting same e-mail many times (repeating) and also I want to get rid
    >of Symantec e-mail scanner, as I have Norton.

    Turn the e'mail scan feature OFF

    > Symantic is slowing and making life dificult.

    By design :)

    Sunny, Nov 3, 2007

  3. Jose A. Vigoa wrote:
    > I am getting same e-mail many times (repeating) and also I want to get
    > rid of Symantec e-mail scanner, as I have Norton.
    > Symantic is slowing and making life dificult.

    You seem to have a basic misunderstanding about one thing, Symantec and
    Norton are one and the same. And they are absolute crap. They most
    certainly will slow your computer. Go into Control Panel, Add/Remove
    software and uninstall anything that is named either Norton or Symantec.
    *All of them.* Download Avast antivirus, it's free and very good. Get it
    at http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

    Then we'll work on the multiple copies of email if this doesn't help it.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 3, 2007
  4. Jose A. Vigoa

    Scott W Guest

    a écrit dans le message de news:
    > I am getting same e-mail many times (repeating) and also I want to get rid
    > of Symantec e-mail scanner, as I have Norton.
    > Symantic is slowing and making life dificult.
    > Please advise.
    > thks,
    > Jose

    IF you're recieving the same email many time, either it's
    stuck on your server or someone keeps sending you the same
    email everytime. How do you like them apples?

    Why don't you just uninstall Norton? Sounds easy enough.
    --
    'Brother Can You Spare Another War?'

    Scott W, Nov 3, 2007
  5. Jose A. Vigoa

    Jim McCardle Guest

    Hi, this can happen if you do not get ALL your emails in a
    send/recieve session. this can happen if you have an email scan for
    virus program running and have a large email being downloaded.
    Go into the tools/email accounts/options/advanced options and increse
    the value of the server timeout figure to say 5 minutes or longer. If
    you get an error downloading the emails then none get flagged as being
    read or recieved and you get them all again (and again etc)
    There may be a setting in the symantec email scanner but I do not use
    that product so I am unable to help there, maybe have a look at their
    website knowledge base.
    hope this helps
    Jim McCardle

    Jim McCardle, Nov 3, 2007
  6. Jose A. Vigoa

    Brett Kline Guest

    Jose A. Vigoa wrote:
    > I am getting same e-mail many times (repeating) and also I want to get
    > rid of Symantec e-mail scanner, as I have Norton.
    > Symantic is slowing and making life difficult.
    > Please advise.

    Two common causes:

    1) your Symantec/Norton email scanner is causing the problem. Try
    disabling both incoming and outgoing email scanning.

    2) corrupted headers can cause this problem on the mail server. If you
    have web browser access to the problematic account, login and delete it.

    Brett Kline, Nov 3, 2007
  7. Jose A. Vigoa

    nobody > Guest

    Jose A. Vigoa wrote:
    > I am getting same e-mail many times (repeating) and also I want to get
    > rid of Symantec e-mail scanner, as I have Norton.
    > Symantic is slowing and making life dificult.
    > Please advise.
    > thks,
    > Jose

    Norton (Norton WHAT?) is part of Symantec.

    nobody >, Nov 3, 2007
  8. Jose A. Vigoa

    Plato Guest

    Jose A. Vigoa wrote:

    > I am getting same e-mail many times (repeating) and also I want to get rid
    > of Symantec e-mail scanner, as I have Norton.
    > Symantic is slowing and making life dificult.

    One does not need an email scannner. It's reduntant.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Nov 4, 2007