getting rid of 'WeatherBug' -- HELP!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by DL, Jul 18, 2004.

  1. DL

    DL Guest

    Hi,
    Can someone please tell me how to get rid of a particular program that is
    causing me problems? It is called WeatherBug and it makes it so when I
    start up Internet Explorer, the window closes milliseconds after I attempt
    to open it. When I try to do an uninstall of the program, I get the error
    message:

    Could not load the DLL library
    C:\Windows\USER32.DLL The specified
    module could not be found.

    Sooooo... if I try to simply delete the directory that this program resides
    in, I get the error message:

    Cannot delete 1px.gif: access is denied

    Nothing that I do seems to be able to change this. Does this behavior
    suggest some type of virus possibly?

    Help please.

    Dave
    DL, Jul 18, 2004

  2. DL

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 05:57:38 GMT, "DL" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >Can someone please tell me how to get rid of a particular program that is
    >causing me problems? It is called WeatherBug and it makes it so when I
    >start up Internet Explorer, the window closes milliseconds after I attempt
    >to open it. When I try to do an uninstall of the program, I get the error
    >message:
    >
    > Could not load the DLL library
    > C:\Windows\USER32.DLL The specified
    > module could not be found.
    >
    >Sooooo... if I try to simply delete the directory that this program resides
    >in, I get the error message:
    >
    > Cannot delete 1px.gif: access is denied
    >
    >Nothing that I do seems to be able to change this. Does this behavior
    >suggest some type of virus possibly?
    >
    >Help please.
    >
    >Dave

    WeatherBug Removal Instructions and Help
    http://www.pchell.com/support/weatherbug.shtml

    Install all the below...

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/
    http://www.lavasoft.de/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.de/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE About Ad-Aware:

    Spybot - Search & Destroy by Patrick Kolla
    http://security.kolla.de/
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    NOTE: After you install the above, click "Online" and get the latest
    updates for the database. Update it regularly for new spy info.

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (Removes browser hijacker known as CoolWebSearch)
    http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
    http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

    Advertising Spyware: Blackstone Data Transponder and its derivatives
    http://www.cexx.org/vx2.htm

    Here's an option to scan your PC under "Do You Have Parasites?"
    http://www.aumha.org/a/noads.htm
    Unk, Jul 18, 2004