    PS - at the same time, the START button and the display it generates all
    reverted to Windows CLASSIC, and nothing I do can return to XP! That's
    not a big deal, but it might be diagnostic.
    Ike, Apr 11, 2007

  2. Ike

    i Guest

    Sorry, but you are stuck with it. This annoyance cannot be fixed. Many
    experts have tried to get rid of the UNLOCK screen, without success.

    i, Apr 12, 2007

  3. Ike

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Yeah - so what is the OP's problem? He LOCKS the computer with the Win-L
    LOCK function, then he doesn't want an UNLOCK option? What a maroon <g>

    WhzzKdd, Apr 12, 2007
  4. Ike

    Ike Guest

    OP says:

    The Win-L was to display that dialog box so you could see what I was
    talking about. The problem is that the box now appears whenever the
    computer comes out of standby, or is booted.

    Nothing maroonish about that - maybe a little purple.

    Ike, Apr 12, 2007
  5. Ike

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Ah. I should have read down below your comments. What I never understand is
    why someone would install a password, then install TweakUI to bypass it <g>

    WhzzKdd, Apr 12, 2007
  6. Ike

    Ike Guest

    Never installed a PW - this #$%!! thing just appeared out of nowhere, as
    mentioned. And the notebook has never been in anyone else's hands...

    Ike, Apr 12, 2007
  7. Ike

    pcbutts1 Guest

    1. At a command prompt, type "control userpasswords2" and press Enter

    2. On the Users tab, clear the Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To
    Use This Computer check box and then
    click OK.
    3. In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the user name
    and password for the account you want to be
    logged on each time you start your computer.

    4. Go to the display properties screen saver tab and uncheck "on resume
    password protect"

    pcbutts1, Apr 12, 2007
  8. Ike

    Ike Guest

    THANKS! Found the Users Must... box unchecked, so checked and unchecked
    to generate the Automatically Log On dialog box. Entered the user name
    as suggested.

    "on resume..." was unchecked

    That #$%!! unlock box still appears after standby. I can live with it,
    but...

    Ike, Apr 12, 2007