    tried scheduled tasks but the programs don't open.

    Anyone?

    Thx in advance!

    dplus91, Jan 25, 2004

  2. dplus91 wrote:
    > Wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to get certain programs to
    > open when Windows XP starts but I can't seem to achieve it. I've
    > tried scheduled tasks but the programs don't open.

    I don't do XP, but if it's like earlier versions, put shortcuts to the
    programs in your startup directory. In Win98, for instance, you'd have
    put them in Windows/StartMenu/Programs/Startup. See if you find
    something like that.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    Happily slrning again.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 25, 2004

  3. "dplus91" <> wrote in message
    > Wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to get certain programs to
    > open when Windows XP starts but I can't seem to achieve it. I've
    > tried scheduled tasks but the programs don't open.
    >
    > Anyone?
    >
    > Thx in advance!

    Create a shortcut to the program in the startup folder
    the startup folder is in the start menu, in the programs section

    start-programs-startup

    Gaz

    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Jan 25, 2004
  4. dplus91

    Sano Guest

    YMMV.

    It's a bit like setting your car to go 60mph when it's started. Doesn't
    always work out.

    - dplus91 <> - spluttered in

    --
    The clap is bad,
    the syph is worse,

    Sano, Jan 25, 2004
  5. dplus91

    Sano Guest

    If you don't get any joy here, there
    are several M$ ngs that are pretty active.

    microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web

    microsoft.public.win2000.networking

    microsoft.public.win98.networking

    microsoft.public.windowsme.networking

    - dplus91 <> - spluttered in

    Sano, Jan 25, 2004
  6. dplus91

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 06:37:24 -0600, Sano
    <> scribbled:

    >If you don't get any joy here, there
    >are several M$ ngs that are pretty active.
    >

    >microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
    >
    >microsoft.public.win2000.networking
    >
    >microsoft.public.win98.networking
    >
    >microsoft.public.windowsme.networking

    Why are you pointing him at networking groups for
    an OS startup question? Why are you pointing him
    to Windows 98, ME and 2K groups for an XP question?
    Are you smoking crack or or just brain damaged?

    >- dplus91 <> - spluttered in
    >
    >> Wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to get certain programs to
    >> open when Windows XP starts but I can't seem to achieve it. I've
    >> tried scheduled tasks but the programs don't open.
    >>
    >> Anyone?
    >>
    >> Thx in advance!

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, Jan 25, 2004
  7. dplus91

    Patrick Guest

    dplus91 wrote:
    > Wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to get certain programs to
    > open when Windows XP starts but I can't seem to achieve it. I've
    > tried scheduled tasks but the programs don't open.
    >
    > Anyone?
    >
    > Thx in advance!

    You need to put a shortcut to the program in the 'Startup' menu ('start' /
    'All Programs' / 'Startup')

    To do so;

    'start' / 'All Programs' / 'Startup' now right-click 'Startup' and click
    'Explore' or 'Explore All Users' (depending if for your account or all
    accounts).

    You will now have an explorer window with 'Startup' folder highlighted and
    in right-pane the programs allready in the folder.

    Now place a shortcut to the program that you want to run at startup into the
    right-pane.

    Patrick, Jan 25, 2004
  8. dplus91

    Sano Guest

    - -= Hawk =- <> - spluttered in

    > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 06:37:24 -0600, Sano
    > <> scribbled:

    <snip>

    > Why are you pointing him at networking groups for
    > an OS startup question?

    Hang-over?

    Why are you pointing him
    > to Windows 98, ME and 2K groups for an XP question?

    Because fyi, most of the action is in the active, full of messages ngs.

    > Are you smoking crack or or just brain damaged?

    Brain damaged possibly, but the only pollutant I do is tobacco, and a
    little Cam2 occasionally.

    >>- dplus91 <> - spluttered in
    >>
    >>> Wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to get certain programs to
    >>> open when Windows XP starts but I can't seem to achieve it. I've
    >>> tried scheduled tasks but the programs don't open.

    --
    * Would somebody
    please poke holes in

    Sano, Jan 25, 2004
  9. dplus91

    Sano Guest

    Thanks buddy. Nice talking to you too.

    --
    * Would somebody
    please poke holes in

    Sano, Jan 26, 2004
  10. dplus91

    Irina Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 10:59:55 +0000, dplus91 <> wrote:

    >Wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to get certain programs to
    >open when Windows XP starts but I can't seem to achieve it. I've
    >tried scheduled tasks but the programs don't open.

    hmm, I hope I have this right...if your program already has a shortcut
    on your desktop just drag it to your start - up bar. Worked for
    me..hope this helped..

    Irina, Feb 5, 2004
  11. dplus91

    Boomer Guest

    "Irina" <> wrote in message

    > hmm, I hope I have this right...

    From another of your moribund and totally unhelpful posts...

    > Hope this helps...

    Hope is all you have, dear. Do you hope that you'll ever get laid? Or did
    the archaeologists seal up your vagina at the end of the last century?

    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004