    Mozilla 1.7.11

    I don't have any popup sites allowed but I keep getting them. Is there an
    additional popup blocker freeware that works well with Mozilla?

    Knack, Jan 26, 2006

  2. Knack

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:33:57 GMT, in message
     <VNUBf.3247$>, Knack wrote:

    > Mozilla 1.7.11
    >
    > I don't have any popup sites allowed but I keep getting them. Is there an
    > additional popup blocker freeware that works well with Mozilla?

    Make this easy configuration setting change to Mozilla 1.7.11.

    http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/understandyourbrowser/ht/firefoxpopups.htm

    The latest Firefox 1.5 has this setting built in, but not Mozilla 1.7.11.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."

    Ralph Fox, Jan 26, 2006

  3. Knack

    none Guest

    i have done this and it does not work ! still getting animated flash
    popups .value is set to 2

    none, Jan 27, 2006
  4. Knack

    none Guest

    none wrote:

    > i have done this and it does not work ! still getting animated flash
    > popups .value is set to 2

    using firefox 1.5 by the way .

    none, Jan 27, 2006
  5. Knack

    Sniper .308 Guest

    On 27 Jan 2006 14:45:04 -0800, "none" <> wrote:

    >none wrote:
    >
    >> i have done this and it does not work ! still getting animated flash
    >> popups .value is set to 2

    >using firefox 1.5 by the way .

    Have you tried the Flashblock extension?.

    Sniper .308, Jan 27, 2006
  6. Knack

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On 27 Jan 2006 14:45:04 -0800, in message
     <>, none wrote:

    > none wrote:

    <unsnip>
    > Ralph Fox wrote:
    >
    > > On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:33:57 GMT, in message
    > >  <VNUBf.3247$>, Knack wrote:
    > >
    > > > Mozilla 1.7.11
    > > > I don't have any popup sites allowed but I keep getting them. Is there an
    > > > additional popup blocker freeware that works well with Mozilla?

    > > Make this easy configuration setting change to Mozilla 1.7.11.
    > > http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/understandyourbrowser/ht/firefoxpopups.htm
    > > The latest Firefox 1.5 has this setting built in, but not Mozilla 1.7.11.

    </unsnip>

    > > i have done this and it does not work ! still getting animated flash
    > > popups .value is set to 2

    > using firefox 1.5 by the way .

    1. Don't give me this "i have done this and...". Firefox 1.5 already has
    this setting. You made no change to an existing setting in Firefox 1.5.
    If you were getting pop-ups before, you would still get them after.

    2. The pop-ups may be only happening when you click on a link on the page.
    This makes it look as if the pop-up was requested by you, not an
    unrequested pop-up.

    Is this the cause?

    3. The setting only fixes pop-ups requested by plug-ins. It does not
    fix other pop-ups, such as those attached to links which you click on.

    Pop-up advertisers are always trying to figure new ways to get around pop-up
    blockers and make their pop-ups look like one which you requested.

    4. FYI, if the pop-up _contains_ flash (a plug-in), this has nothing to do
    with whether the pop-up was _requested_ by a flash plug-in.

    The requesting flash plug-in has to be there before the pop-up is created.
    It is on the web page, and usually invisible to the eye.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."

    Ralph Fox, Jan 28, 2006
  7. Knack

    elaich Guest

    "Knack" <> wrote in

    > Mozilla 1.7.11
    >
    > I don't have any popup sites allowed but I keep getting them. Is there
    > an additional popup blocker freeware that works well with Mozilla?

    Check your computer for malware.

    elaich, Feb 4, 2006