    building hardware with no upgrade path... what's this world come to.

    *any* suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    , Sep 11, 2003

  2. CSM1 Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have all the software for this Intel Pocket PC Camera, however it
    > will not install in 2000 - requires 98. And craziest of all is that
    > Intel is refusing to give me a 2000 way of getting my pics.
    >
    > I was able to find a driver and can even use the camera in 2000 net
    > meeting, just can't get to my 50 pics - some which I really need for a
    > project right now.
    >
    > I can't believe I'm going to have to install 98 somewhere... INTEL????
    > building hardware with no upgrade path... what's this world come to.
    >
    > *any* suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    Found with quick search on Google.

    Start page. In the "Intel® PC Camera Quick Links:" box. Click on Windows XP.
    http://www.intel.com/pccamera/

    Drivers are here.
    http://support.intel.com/support/createshare/camerapack/dldrivers.htm

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    CSM1, Sep 11, 2003

  3. Guest

    Yes - I was on their site but it appeared to state the upgrade cd
    would not work for my camera and 2000, but what they meant was that
    the drivers are not needed for 2000. The software however on the
    upgrade cd is needed for 2000. I've ordered the upgrade cd ($6) for
    'create and share'software and that should take care of the problem.
    Still, upgrade software just for specific hardware like this should be
    downloadable and free.

    Thanks.
    , Sep 11, 2003