    I see that www.trademe.net.nz resolves so will see if that helps. Any
    suggestions for proxy servers?
    Geoff

    Geoff, Jul 3, 2007

  2. Geoff

    lolinternet Guest

    Geoff wrote:
    > Any suggestions for getting around a company firewall blocking access to
    > Trademe? This is for my SiL - my work doesn't block it - there would be a
    > mass strike :)
    > I see that www.trademe.net.nz resolves so will see if that helps. Any
    > suggestions for proxy servers?
    > Geoff

    The block is in place for a reason.

    If you find a way around it, make sure to include some job sites in the
    portfolio.

    lolinternet, Jul 3, 2007

  3. Geoff

    EMB Guest

    Geoff wrote:
    > Any suggestions for getting around a company firewall blocking access to
    > Trademe? This is for my SiL - my work doesn't block it - there would be a
    > mass strike :)
    > I see that www.trademe.net.nz resolves so will see if that helps. Any
    > suggestions for proxy servers?

    Anyone deliberately bypassing our firewall is dismissed (2 so far... and
    counting) - it falls under the heading of serious misconduct.

    EMB, Jul 3, 2007
  4. In message <>, EMB wrote:

    > Anyone deliberately bypassing our firewall is dismissed (2 so far... and
    > counting) - it falls under the heading of serious misconduct.

    Perhaps anyone setting up a firewall which can be bypassed is the one that
    should be dismissed. :)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 3, 2007
  5. Geoff

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Geoff <> wrote in

    > Any
    > suggestions for proxy servers?

    Google.
    Key words are tunneling and other things you think might be relevant.
    Trademe is not business critical, because if it was, you would have
    access... You might get fired if cought.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Jul 3, 2007
  6. Geoff

    EMB Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <>, EMB wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone deliberately bypassing our firewall is dismissed (2 so far... and
    >> counting) - it falls under the heading of serious misconduct.

    > Perhaps anyone setting up a firewall which can be bypassed is the one that
    > should be dismissed. :)

    See Dave Taylor's reply - there's always a new method to bypass a
    firewall, and google normally finds it before the average sysadmin.

    EMB, Jul 3, 2007
  7. Geoff

    Allistar Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In message <>, EMB wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone deliberately bypassing our firewall is dismissed (2 so far... and
    >> counting) - it falls under the heading of serious misconduct.

    > Perhaps anyone setting up a firewall which can be bypassed is the one that
    > should be dismissed. :)

    It's very hard to let any traffic out without allowing the possibility of
    letting all traffic out.

    It's a piece of cake to set up an ssh tunnel to a machine that has no
    firewall - all you need is a remote machine you are in control of.

    If the firewall does stateful packet inspection rather than simple port
    blocking, it would be more difficult. Simple address/port blocking is so
    easy to circumvent it's not funny.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Jul 4, 2007
  8. tGeoff wrote:
    > Any suggestions for getting around a company firewall blocking access to
    > Trademe? This is for my SiL - my work doesn't block it - there would be a
    > mass strike :)
    > I see that www.trademe.net.nz resolves so will see if that helps. Any
    > suggestions for proxy servers?
    > Geoff

    www.trademe.com.au

    Most companies forget to block that site - its the same data as the .co.nz

    Andrew Lambert, Jul 4, 2007