    connected, but there is not internet activity or email coming in.

    HELP!

    , May 3, 2007

  2. Evan Platt Guest

    On 3 May 2007 14:29:52 -0700, wrote:

    >I work at a number of different locations and am having trouble
    >getting online at one location. It is a regular (non-wireless)
    >network. With my current settings (automatically Obtain IP, etc.),
    >other laptops get online from this location and I am able to get
    >online at other locations.
    >
    >I have disabled firewalls, manually entered IP, DNS, subnet, etc., and
    >even tried to reset the system to an earlier date when the laptop
    >could get online from this location (it worked consistently for 5
    >months).
    >
    >There is one other co-worker who is experiencing the same problem, but
    >it is not any specific connection in the office and all other laptops
    >and desktops are having no problems. The computer says that it is
    >connected, but there is not internet activity or email coming in.

    You haven't given enough details for anyone to help.

    Is this laptop a mac? PC? Is this a public hotspot? A office network?
    Why are you manually entering the IP? Does it not get a DHCP address?
    Can you ping the default gateway? Can you ping the DNS server? Can you
    manually get to a website by entering the IP in your web browser?

    Evan Platt, May 3, 2007