    any more. It's a ContaxIIIa and does anyone know
    a good service site for old cameras?
    Peter
    Peter Jason, Sep 29, 2012

  2. Peter Jason

    Tim Conway Guest

    "Peter Jason" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Mother's old camera from the 1950s has taken only
    > a few hundred shots, and the focusing wheel has
    > been gummed up by all the old grease - now gone
    > almost solid. Also, the light meter doesn't work
    > any more. It's a ContaxIIIa and does anyone know
    > a good service site for old cameras?
    > Peter

    Sorry, I don't know of any.
    You might do better by posting to rec.photo.equipment.35mm.
    Tim Conway, Sep 29, 2012

  3. Peter Jason

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 16:04:18 +1000, Peter Jason <> wrote:

    >Mother's old camera from the 1950s has taken only
    >a few hundred shots, and the focusing wheel has
    >been gummed up by all the old grease - now gone
    >almost solid. Also, the light meter doesn't work
    >any more. It's a ContaxIIIa and does anyone know
    >a good service site for old cameras?
    >Peter

    I don't know where you are located, but Kiwi Camera Service
    specializes in film cameras. Mike does good work at reasonable
    prices.

    http://kiwicameraservice.com/

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Sep 29, 2012
  4. Peter Jason

    philo Guest

    On 09/29/2012 01:04 AM, Peter Jason wrote:
    > Mother's old camera from the 1950s has taken only
    > a few hundred shots, and the focusing wheel has
    > been gummed up by all the old grease - now gone
    > almost solid. Also, the light meter doesn't work
    > any more. It's a ContaxIIIa and does anyone know
    > a good service site for old cameras?
    > Peter

    This place may be able to do it.

    I had a similar camera repaired by them about 15 years ago anyway.
    I think it cost $100

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686
    philo, Sep 30, 2012
  5. Peter Jason

    Peter Jason Guest

    Thanks all.
    Peter Jason, Sep 30, 2012
  6. On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 16:04:18 +1000, Peter Jason <> wrote:

    > It's a ContaxIIIa and does anyone know
    >a good service site for old cameras?

    On the Manual Focus forum, one of the members sent her Kiev back to
    the people in the Ukraine - not the factory, I think, but ex-employees
    who'd set up as repairers. The Kiev and Contax are inextricably
    interlinked, as history will reveal.

    http://forum.mflenses.com/contax-rat-returns-from-kiev-t51757.html

    Unfortunately, I don't know the address or contact details of the
    repair folk. If it were me, I'd give that a go - who better knows the
    inside outs of the camera than the people who put them together? Also,
    they have a serious amount of brand new spare parts available.
    Grimly Curmudgeon, Oct 8, 2012