Getting Normal Display Back

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sherry, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. Sherry

    Sherry Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > My son has messed about with accessibility options and got all the
    > text etc. displayed in a massive font with changed cplours etc.
    > I've tried to restore things back to normal ( default ) but
    > accessibility wizard + trying to adjust things back in Control panel
    > just hangs PC.
    > Running Windows 98 SE
    >
    > Please can anyone tell me how to sort this out ?
    > Thanks for any help

    If text is large when in IE, then just go to view & check "medium" for text
    size...

    I assume you've already checked "Display Properties" -- right-click on
    desktop...?

    ---

    Sherry, Nov 4, 2003

  2. "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > My son has messed about with accessibility options and got all the
    > text etc. displayed in a massive font with changed cplours etc.
    > I've tried to restore things back to normal ( default ) but
    > accessibility wizard + trying to adjust things back in Control panel
    > just hangs PC.
    > Running Windows 98 SE
    >
    > Please can anyone tell me how to sort this out ?
    > Thanks for any help

    Sort your date out as well !

    Steven Pilbeam, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Sherry

    Paul Guest

    On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:02:24 -0000, "Steven Pilbeam"
    <> wrote:

    >"Paul" <> wrote in message
    >> My son has messed about with accessibility options and got all the
    >> text etc. displayed in a massive font with changed cplours etc.
    >> I've tried to restore things back to normal ( default ) but
    >> accessibility wizard + trying to adjust things back in Control panel
    >> just hangs PC.
    >> Running Windows 98 SE
    >>
    >> Please can anyone tell me how to sort this out ?
    >> Thanks for any help

    >Sort your date out as well !

    Eh right but that doesn't really help with my original post does it
    ........ ?

    Paul, Nov 4, 2003
  4. Sherry

    Bob B Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:02:24 -0000, "Steven Pilbeam"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Paul" <> wrote in message
    > >> My son has messed about with accessibility options and got all the
    > >> text etc. displayed in a massive font with changed cplours etc.
    > >> I've tried to restore things back to normal ( default ) but
    > >> accessibility wizard + trying to adjust things back in Control panel
    > >> just hangs PC.
    > >> Running Windows 98 SE
    > >>
    > >> Please can anyone tell me how to sort this out ?
    > >> Thanks for any help

    > >Sort your date out as well !
    > >

    > Eh right but that doesn't really help with my original post does it
    > ....... ?

    Did you try Sherry's suggestion.... right click
    desktop/properties/appearance....use one of the windows defaults..BB

    Bob B, Nov 4, 2003
  5. Sherry

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 19:43:17 +0000, Paul <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:02:24 -0000, "Steven Pilbeam"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>Sort your date out as well !
    >>

    >Eh right but that doesn't really help with my original post does it
    >....... ?

    Your problem has an easy fix.
    I think I'll fix the problem of your future-dated posts being stuck at the top by
    deleting this thread.

    Shel-hed, Nov 4, 2003
  6. Sherry

    hugh jass Guest

    Yes, I think I will do that too... Not interested in seeing this post at
    the top of the list for another 8 years!
    They just don't know how annoying it is when the date is out of whack.
    ______________________
    :
    : >On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:02:24 -0000, "Steven Pilbeam"
    : ><> wrote:
    : >
    : >>
    : >>Sort your date out as well !
    : >>
    : >Eh right but that doesn't really help with my original post does it
    : >....... ?
    :

    hugh jass, Nov 5, 2003
  7. Ah...most ingenious idea....;o() Think I'll do the same.....;oþ

    Shel-hed <> chiseled in stone, the
    following words news::

    --
    @}-}--}------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm

    @}-}-------Rosee, Nov 6, 2003
  8. Sherry

    Boomer Guest

    "@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote in

    Hi Rosee! <waves like crazy>

    How are things going for you???

    Boomer, Nov 6, 2003
  9. Hiya Boomer

    Things are better for me. I am just now recovering from some sort of
    respiratory infection that had me down for about a month. Actually feeling
    human again.

    And you?

    Boomer <> chiseled in stone, the following
    words news:3fa9b4ea$0$179$:

    --
    @}-}--}------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm

    @}-}-------Rosee, Nov 6, 2003
  10. Sherry

    Boomer Guest

    "@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com>

    > Hiya Boomer
    >
    > Things are better for me. I am just now recovering from some sort
    > of respiratory infection that had me down for about a month.

    I'm sorry to hear that! A month!? You were hit hard! :(

    > Actually feeling human again.

    I'm glad! Sure have missed you around these parts. :)

    > And you?

    Nothing new here. Been out job hunting. Slim pickin's in this area.
    I might be chanting, "Would you like to Super Size that?" shortly.

    Hope you get to feeling 101% more 'human' again and stop in a lot more
    often!!!!

    Boomer, Nov 6, 2003
  11. Sherry

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 21:02:47 -0600, "@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com>
    wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >Hiya Boomer
    >
    >Things are better for me. I am just now recovering from some sort of
    >respiratory infection that had me down for about a month. Actually feeling
    >human again.

    A respiratory infection had you down for a month?
    Weee! I wanna be a respiratory infection!

    Shel-hed, Nov 6, 2003
  12. Sherry

    Boomer Guest

    Shel-hed <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 21:02:47 -0600, "@}-}-------Rosee"
    > <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >>Hiya Boomer
    >>
    >>Things are better for me. I am just now recovering from some sort
    >>of respiratory infection that had me down for about a month.
    >>Actually feeling human again.

    > A respiratory infection had you down for a month?
    > Weee! I wanna be a respiratory infection!

    Dirty old man! ;0)

    Boomer, Nov 6, 2003
  13. I wouldn't take antibiotics as I think they are overused. That's why it
    took me so long. I'm no spring chicken anymore....;oD

    Jobs are not the best thing here either. Everywhere unemployment
    percentages have increased.

    I'll have a little time now as I'm not as busy as previously....thank Gawd!
    They were killing me....but the money is good, but I'm still broke...sheesh!
    The more you make, the more you spend. Of course, I did buy quite a few
    necessities for the business and haven't turned the parts yet....but
    Christmas is fast approaching.

    Thanks for the concern....;o)

    Boomer <> chiseled in stone, the following
    words news:3fa9c868$0$179$:

    > "Rosee" wrote...
    >> Hiya Boomer
    >>
    >> Things are better for me. I am just now recovering from some sort
    >> of respiratory infection that had me down for about a month.

    > I'm sorry to hear that! A month!? You were hit hard! :(

    >> Actually feeling human again.

    > I'm glad! Sure have missed you around these parts. :)

    >> And you?

    > Nothing new here. Been out job hunting. Slim pickin's in this area.
    > I might be chanting, "Would you like to Super Size that?" shortly.

    > Hope you get to feeling 101% more 'human' again and stop in a lot more
    > often!!!!

    <schnippen>

    --
    @}-}--}------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm

    @}-}-------Rosee, Nov 6, 2003
  14. < G U F F A W > ! ! ! ! !

    What have you done with Robyn?

    Shel-hed <> chiseled in stone, the
    following words news:eek::

    @}-}-------Rosee, Nov 6, 2003
  15. Sherry

    Shel-hed Guest

    Robyn has taken up accounting and is currently depreciating in a computer room.

    On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 22:59:35 -0600, "@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com>

    Shel-hed, Nov 6, 2003
  16. Shel-hed wrote:

    > Robyn has taken up accounting and is currently depreciating in a computer room.

    That sounds even worse than the respiratory infection.

    --
    Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 297263
    Microsoft, 23 Oct: "As a result of challenges to our business model,

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 6, 2003
  17. I hope you throw her some food once in a while....;oþ

    @}-}-------Rosee, Nov 6, 2003
  18. Sherry

    Shel-hed Guest

    Naa. She doesn't eat much anymore. Pretty soon she'll just be skin and bones. :p

    On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 23:34:52 -0600, "@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com>

    Shel-hed, Nov 6, 2003
  19. I would have rather been depreciating....;oþ

    Blinky the Shark <> chiseled in stone, the following
    words news::

    @}-}-------Rosee, Nov 6, 2003
  20. Sherry

    nemo Guest

    Piggy backing as I cannot see OP.

    Start->Settings->Control Panel->Accessibility Options->Display

    Untick "Use high contrast"

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Nov 6, 2003