    coming from rather than the yahoo newsgroup as a whole.

    Consequently I cannot set up the filter for all these various different
    individual posters. Thanks for any advice.
    john bently, Feb 2, 2010

  2. john bently

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-02-02, john bently <> wrote:
    > I'v suscribed to one of yahoo groups and have selected the option of copies
    > of peoples postings to the group sent directly to my yahoo mail account.
    >
    > Is there any way I can ascribe all these incoming mails to a folder rather
    > than my inbox?
    >
    > My problem in setting this up seems to be that the incoming emails come from
    > the individuals who post and their email address shows up as where they are
    > coming from rather than the yahoo newsgroup as a whole.
    >
    > Consequently I cannot set up the filter for all these various different
    > individual posters. Thanks for any advice.

    What is in the 'To' header? Can you set up a 'rule' or a 'filter' based
    on the 'To' header in whatever email reader you use?

    Good email programs will let you 'filter' on any message header, either
    with a catch-all 'any header' selection or by specifying whichever header
    you want to filter on. There is probably a header that identifies the web
    forum concerned.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Feb 2, 2010

  3. john bently

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:25:21 -0000, john bently wrote:

    > I'v suscribed to one of yahoo groups and have selected the option of copies
    > of peoples postings to the group sent directly to my yahoo mail account.
    >
    > Is there any way I can ascribe all these incoming mails to a folder rather
    > than my inbox?
    >
    > My problem in setting this up seems to be that the incoming emails come from
    > the individuals who post and their email address shows up as where they are
    > coming from rather than the yahoo newsgroup as a whole.
    >
    > Consequently I cannot set up the filter for all these various different
    > individual posters. Thanks for any advice.

    You might not be able to send to a regular file folder, but you should be
    able to send it to a specified folder of a name of your choice.
    For instance, instead of "inbox", make a new folder named "yahoo mail".
    Then filter accordingly.
    richard, Feb 2, 2010