    one have any suggestions. I have both books.

    Thanks for the advice,

    Jim
    James Dahl, Aug 14, 2003

  2. James Dahl

    Consultant Guest

    go for xp

    Consultant, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Diana,

    I don't mean to point out the obvious, but keep in mind MCSA on the 2000
    track is MCSA any way you slice it (70-210 or 70-270). Most employers don't
    ask for a precise breakdown of the tests you took. Generally, the
    certifications get you an interview. Once you're there, they want to
    discuss your experience and personality. I'm a hiring manager ... I might
    be speaking for myself here, but I would say this is a general assumption.

    Clint

    "Diana Myers" <> wrote in message
    > Jim,
    >
    > Go for the XP Pro. Clint is right; however most employers do not

    understand
    > that there isn't a lot of difference Between the two. Most will look at
    > your MCSA - MCSE certification and like the fact that you are certified

    with

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 14, 2003
  4. James Dahl

    Diana Myers Guest

    Clint,

    Normally I would agree with you; however lately I'm having a lot of my
    friends tell me that companies want to know exactly what tests they
    took/passed for their MCSA - MCSE certification. Working in the IT field
    used to be simple; however it's getting more and more complicated. Once all
    they were interested in was what certifications do you have and how much
    experience do you have. Oh, how I long for the good old days!!!

    Diana

    Diana Myers, Aug 14, 2003
  5. Diana,

    Well then here is the next logical argument in this thread. If an employer
    is smart enough to ask, in paricular, which tests you took, this means they
    have a reason for differentiation. This probably means they know what is
    covered on each of these tests .. which means they know there is hardly any
    difference whatsoever between exam 70-210 and exam70-270. I'm sticking to
    my original argument on this one. :)

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 14, 2003
  6. James Dahl

    Diana Myers Guest

    Clint,

    I graciously bow down and agree with you.

    Diana Myers, Aug 14, 2003
  7. There are far more W2K machines out there in the business world than WinXP.
    But I would suggest go for the track with the OS that you are the most
    familer.

    James D. Murray, Aug 22, 2003