    phone is not indicating it by either the dial tone or the message indicator.

    Thanks for any help in advance.

    James

    James, Sep 29, 2006

  2. James

    Jono Guest

    James formulated the question :
    > Hi,
    >
    > I can not get MWI working on Sipgate.
    >
    > I am using a Linksys (Sipura) 1001 adapter and have set it up as explained on
    > Sipgate's help page, but when I have a voice message, the phone is not
    > indicating it by either the dial tone or the message indicator.
    >
    > Thanks for any help in advance.
    >
    > James

    I wonder if this is more spa1001 related than Sipgate....?

    I'm having a similar issue, yet with voip.co.uk using an spa1001

    Jono, Sep 29, 2006

  3. James

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:40:37 +0100, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >James formulated the question :
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I can not get MWI working on Sipgate.
    >>
    >> I am using a Linksys (Sipura) 1001 adapter and have set it up as explained on
    >> Sipgate's help page, but when I have a voice message, the phone is not
    >> indicating it by either the dial tone or the message indicator.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help in advance.
    >>
    >> James

    >I wonder if this is more spa1001 related than Sipgate....?
    >
    >I'm having a similar issue, yet with voip.co.uk using an spa1001

    I would guess that the settings on the 1001 are similar to some of
    thise on the SPA-3000.
    I think that these are the settings that affect voicemail indication.
    On Voipfone a waiting message is indicated by an interrupted dial
    tone. I don't have any other indicator of voice mail having been left.

    User 1 Tab:
    Ring Settings:-
    VMWI Ring Splash Len: 0
    Ring On No New VM: Yes
    VMWI Ring Policy: New VM Available

    Supplementary Service Settings:-
    Message Waiting: No

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Skype Free Zone!!

    Brian A, Sep 29, 2006
  4. James

    NicHughes Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > I wonder if this is more spa1001 related than Sipgate....?
    >
    > I'm having a similar issue, yet with voip.co.uk using an spa1001

    Conversely we are having no problem with MWI on a grandstream with
    sipgate - so it might be an spa1001 configuration issue.

    --
    Nic

    NicHughes, Sep 30, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    NicHughes <> wrote:

    >Jono wrote:
    >

    >> I wonder if this is more spa1001 related than Sipgate....?
    >>
    >> I'm having a similar issue, yet with voip.co.uk using an spa1001

    >Conversely we are having no problem with MWI on a grandstream with
    >sipgate - so it might be an spa1001 configuration issue.

    I tried MWI in Sipgate some time back and it worked just fine on the
    Grandstream phones I tried it with.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Sep 30, 2006
  6. James

    Mr Man Guest

    nobody has it on voip.co.uk i dont think!

    see if it works on voipfone.co.uk maybe :)

    Mr Man, Sep 30, 2006
  7. James

    Jono Guest

    on 30/09/2006, Mr Man supposed :
    > nobody has it on voip.co.uk i dont think!
    >
    > see if it works on voipfone.co.uk maybe :)

    Ah, well, that may be the case.

    I get the broken dial tone OK, however, It never clears, even when the
    messages have been deleted.

    Jono, Sep 30, 2006
  8. James

    Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 19:47:33 +0100, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >on 30/09/2006, Mr Man supposed :
    >> nobody has it on voip.co.uk i dont think!
    >>
    >> see if it works on voipfone.co.uk maybe :)

    Voipfone interrupted dial tone works fine and it switches off once the
    message has been read.

    Brian A, Oct 1, 2006