    out....I am assuming authentication or somethin is corrupt....any ideas?

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Oct 15, 2005

  2. thingy

    thingy Guest

    thingy wrote:
    > I just rebuilt my Linux samba server, windows clients connect fine, but
    > iMacs lock up when I try and connect....
    >
    > So I am assuming something on the iMacs networking side needs cleaning
    > out....I am assuming authentication or somethin is corrupt....any ideas?
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Looks like it is a OS x 10.4.2 bug, I put my old mac drive in an ext
    firewire case and booted 10.3.9 and it connects perfectly.

    Deleted all references to the linux box and smb in keychain, still no
    joy.....

    Raised a bug report with Apple....

    Anybody found a workaround?

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Oct 15, 2005

  3. In message <>, thingy wrote:

    > thingy wrote:
    >> I just rebuilt my Linux samba server, windows clients connect fine, but
    >> iMacs lock up when I try and connect....
    >>
    >> So I am assuming something on the iMacs networking side needs cleaning
    >> out....I am assuming authentication or somethin is corrupt....any ideas?

    > Looks like it is a OS x 10.4.2 bug, I put my old mac drive in an ext
    > firewire case and booted 10.3.9 and it connects perfectly.
    >
    > Deleted all references to the linux box and smb in keychain, still no
    > joy.....
    >
    > Raised a bug report with Apple....
    >
    > Anybody found a workaround?

    Would it be tactless to suggest ditching OS X and installing Yellow Dog or
    Debian on your Mac?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 15, 2005
  4. thingy

    thingy Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <>, thingy wrote:
    >

    >>thingy wrote:
    >>
    >>>I just rebuilt my Linux samba server, windows clients connect fine, but
    >>>iMacs lock up when I try and connect....
    >>>
    >>>So I am assuming something on the iMacs networking side needs cleaning
    >>>out....I am assuming authentication or somethin is corrupt....any ideas?

    >>Looks like it is a OS x 10.4.2 bug, I put my old mac drive in an ext
    >>firewire case and booted 10.3.9 and it connects perfectly.
    >>
    >>Deleted all references to the linux box and smb in keychain, still no
    >>joy.....
    >>
    >>Raised a bug report with Apple....
    >>
    >>Anybody found a workaround?

    > Would it be tactless to suggest ditching OS X and installing Yellow Dog or
    > Debian on your Mac?

    Yes it would....

    :p

    OS X has the better interface/desktop. Plus the adobe software is Mac
    only, Canon cd labeler software, ical, itunes, imovie, pro-tools (though
    we do most of it in audcity)....plus the user is Mac rabid.....(but dont
    tell her I said so).

    ;]

    I am going to set up a vnc client on it t a Linux box though....might
    get her there one day.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Oct 16, 2005