    mailwasher...luckily.
    Anyone else suffering the same fate...or is it paradise not filtering them ?

    NZed
    NZed, Aug 21, 2003

  2. NZed

    NZed Guest

    Found out whats causing this ...
    W32.Sobig.F@mm
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
    another worm virus that mass mails.

    NZed

    ?

    NZed, Aug 21, 2003

  3. NZed

    Nelly Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:59:51 +1200, "NZed" <>
    wrote:

    >Tonight particularly I am getting swarms of viruses being detected by
    >mailwasher...luckily.
    >Anyone else suffering the same fate...or is it paradise not filtering them ?
    >
    >NZed

    Yes but they have been blocked and removed by Hotmail and Ihug.

    Nelly.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours :)
    Nelly, Aug 21, 2003
  4. NZed

    Fishb8 Guest

    I got a "delivery failure" message this morning from a UK isp, the person
    about whom, I know nothing. It had Sobig in a "wicked screensaver"
    attachment, sent at an hour when me and my computer were well and truly
    tucked up in bed (not together, you understand). Does this mean someone has
    my hotmail password?
    Paradise doesn't start their anti-virus/spam service until September.
    Roy
    Fishb8, Aug 21, 2003
  5. NZed

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:31:57 +1200, "Fishb8" <>
    wrote:

    >Thanks for that reassurance Kooky. I do all my patches/AV updates/Mailwasher
    >screening etc but this last couple of weeks have left me a little bit
    >paranoid. I bought a 2nd hand computer recently and did a very thorough
    >virus/spyware check before using it and found lots and lots of spyware and
    >about 7 Trojans. I was thinking I might have missed a Trojan despite doing
    >scans from 3 different on-line virus checkers in addition to my own resident
    >AV set up.
    >Cheers
    >Roy

    Sounds like you've given the system a thorough work over. I notice
    you haven't mentioned a firewall. I hope you're using one.

    If not check out http://lists.gpick.com/

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Aug 21, 2003
  6. NZed

    Olof Olsson Guest

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:25:33 +1200, "Fishb8" <>
    wrote:

    >I got a "delivery failure" message this morning from a UK isp, the person
    >about whom, I know nothing. It had Sobig in a "wicked screensaver"
    >attachment, sent at an hour when me and my computer were well and truly
    >tucked up in bed (not together, you understand). Does this mean someone has
    >my hotmail password?
    >Paradise doesn't start their anti-virus/spam service until September.
    >Roy

    The paradise.net and clear.net spam and virus service starts on
    September 8.

    --Olof

    Olof Olsson <>
    There is a difference between knowing the
    path and walking the path -- Morpheus
    Olof Olsson, Aug 21, 2003
  7. NZed

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <eS%0b.12884$>,
    says...
    > Tonight particularly I am getting swarms of viruses being detected by
    > mailwasher...luckily.
    > Anyone else suffering the same fate...or is it paradise not filtering them ?

    Every message you get through Paradise's servers, infected or not, will
    contain a header saying it was found to be clean.
    Mainlander, Aug 22, 2003
  8. NZed

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <G091b.12992$>,
    says...
    > I got a "delivery failure" message this morning from a UK isp, the person
    > about whom, I know nothing. It had Sobig in a "wicked screensaver"
    > attachment, sent at an hour when me and my computer were well and truly
    > tucked up in bed (not together, you understand). Does this mean someone has
    > my hotmail password?

    No it means they got your email address from somewhere and used it as the
    sender.
    Mainlander, Aug 22, 2003
  9. NZed

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:25:33 +1200, "Fishb8" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I got a "delivery failure" message this morning from a UK isp, the person
    > >about whom, I know nothing. It had Sobig in a "wicked screensaver"
    > >attachment, sent at an hour when me and my computer were well and truly
    > >tucked up in bed (not together, you understand). Does this mean someone has
    > >my hotmail password?
    > >Paradise doesn't start their anti-virus/spam service until September.
    > >Roy
    > >

    > The paradise.net and clear.net spam and virus service starts on
    > September 8.

    My apologies to Paradise, it looks like the header

    is generated by the virus, not by any scanning software.
    Mainlander, Aug 22, 2003