getting file from web

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Hans Schmidt, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. Hans Schmidt

    Hans Schmidt Guest

    Hans Schmidt, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Hans Schmidt

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:29:59 +0100, Hans Schmidt <> wrote:

    >How to get a file from web in Powerbasic 7?
    >
    >I would like to get a file like
    >http://www.somewebsiteplace.com/filename.html and save filename.html
    >to HDD. A short simple program would be helpful.

    From Internet Explorer, click File, "Save As.."
    Unk, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Hans Schmidt

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:29:59 +0100, Hans Schmidt wrote:

    >How to get a file from web in Powerbasic 7?

    www.google.com usually, and its really easy and won't take you very
    long.

    >I would like to get a file like
    >http://www.somewebsiteplace.com/filename.html and save filename.html
    >to HDD. A short simple program would be helpful.

    From
    http://www.powerbasic.com/products/compiler.asp
    In a sense, PB/Win is actually two compilers in one. In addition to
    great executables, it also creates industry standard DLLs. These code
    modules can be used with PB/Win, PB/CC, Visual Basic, Delphi, or
    virtually other programming language to keep code modular, or add
    capabilities that just aren't possible elsewhere. That's the way VB
    programmers use PowerBASIC DLLs to speed up critical portions of their
    code! Of course, PowerBASIC for Windows is a great complement to PB/CC,
    as it can compile DLLs compatible with console applications.

    I guess instead of creating a DLL, you could try looking for a freeware
    DLL (VB/Delphi) that fetches webpages and use that in your PB7
    application.

    Near the bottom of this page
    http://www.powerbasic.com/files/pub/demos/
    Try PB/Xtra III, the Programmer's Reference Collection. A CDROM with
    over 600 megabytes of source code, libraries, freeware & shareware
    files,

    Maybe there is a utility that already exists.

    See the Internet section for applications
    http://www.powerbasic.com/files/pub/tree.asp

    PB libaries
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/

    discussion
    http://www.talkaboutprogramming.com/group/comp.lang.basic.powerbasic/

    newsgroup
    alt.lang.powerbasic

    After all those hints, how about this, see if you can find where this
    came from. Final hint it appears on 2 of 4 the sites just mentioned.

    Read this next bit carefully ------- >>>>> Built-in support for TCP
    and UDP means that your application can now communicate with far-away
    servers on the Internet or local servers on your Intranet. Send email
    messages with SMTP. Download web pages using HTTP. <<<<<<------

    Me
    why?, Jun 10, 2004
  4. Hans Schmidt

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>, Unk says...
    > On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:29:59 +0100, Hans Schmidt <> wrote:
    >
    > >How to get a file from web in Powerbasic 7?
    > >
    > >I would like to get a file like
    > >http://www.somewebsiteplace.com/filename.html and save filename.html
    > >to HDD. A short simple program would be helpful.

    > From Internet Explorer, click File, "Save As.."

    How about "in Powerbasic 7"?

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel, Jun 10, 2004
  5. Hans Schmidt

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:15:45 +0100, Hywel <> wrote:

    >In article <>, Unk says...
    >> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:29:59 +0100, Hans Schmidt <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >How to get a file from web in Powerbasic 7?
    >> >
    >> >I would like to get a file like
    >> >http://www.somewebsiteplace.com/filename.html and save filename.html
    >> >to HDD. A short simple program would be helpful.

    >> From Internet Explorer, click File, "Save As.."

    >How about "in Powerbasic 7"?

    Import it.
    Unk, Jun 10, 2004