    message before. Not running Dragon\NaturallySpeaking program long time had
    it installed then
    removed it Thanks Fred J

    Fred J, Jan 4, 2005

  2. Fred J

    Thor Guest

    "Fred J" <> wrote in message
    news:35vCd.64913$...
    > When I am opening Microsoft Office Word 2003 I get a message"C:\Documents
    > and Setting\Fred\
    > Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\C:\Program
    > Files\Dragon\NaturallySpeaking\Program\dgnword.dll
    > is not a valid Office Add-in" What should I do that I should not get this
    > message? Never had this
    > message before. Not running Dragon\NaturallySpeaking program long time had
    > it installed then
    > removed it Thanks Fred J

    most likely the add-in is still registered with MS Word and as such it is
    still attempting to load the add-in module when you launch the program. You
    most likely need to remove the add-in listing for the dragon program from
    within word.

    from word XP help (should be similar for word 2003) :

    Load or unload a global template or add-in program
    Templates and add-ins can be loaded either for the current session only or
    whenever you start Microsoft Word.

    Do one of the following:

    Load a global template or add-in

    1.. On the Tools menu, click Templates and Add-Ins.
    2.. Under Global templates and add-ins, select the check box next to the
    template or add-in you want to load.
    If the template or add-in you want does not appear in the box, click Add,
    switch to the folder that contains the template or add-in you want, click
    it, and then click OK.

    Unload a global template or add-in

    1.. On the Tools menu, click Templates and Add-Ins.
    2.. To unload a template or add-in but leave it in the Global templates
    and add-ins box, clear the check box next to the name of the item.
    To unload a template or add-in and remove it from the box under Global
    templates and add-ins, click the item in the box and then click Remove.

    Notes

    a.. The Remove button is unavailable when the template you select is
    located in your startup folder.

    b.. When you unload a template or add-in, you do not remove it from your
    computer — you only make it unavailable. Where you've stored the template or
    add-in determines whether it's loaded when you start Word.

    Thor, Jan 4, 2005

  3. Fred J

    Thor Guest

    apologies for the attachments. Came through unintentionally when I
    cut/pasted from word help.

    Thor, Jan 4, 2005
  4. Fred J

    Feri Guest