    telecom for the discounted 3 months at least. I'm aware that some
    competitors will pay most of the contract break fee.

    Thanks John
    John Potter, Mar 12, 2009

  2. John Potter

    PeeCee Guest

    "John Potter" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I signed up with telecom thursday a week ago for phone/broadband. The
    > salesman said it would take about 3 days, he'd call friday. He called
    > sunday to tell me the next call would be about tuesday. Haven't heard
    > back again yet. I asked another outlet how long it usually takes
    > today, was told 3 days. Seems like the 3 days might be company policy
    > rather a real estimate.
    >
    > Has anyone recently signed up with telecom? I'm wondering how long
    > this might actually take. I'm switching from telstraclear (phone and
    > dialup) and I'm close to a new broadband cabinet in grey lynn.
    >
    > I'm not looking for advice about choice of ISP, I've decided to try
    > telecom for the discounted 3 months at least. I'm aware that some
    > competitors will pay most of the contract break fee.
    >
    > Thanks John

    Depends entirely on the workload in your neck of the woods, but 3 to 5
    working days for most Xtra connections round here (Waikato)

    Paul.
    PeeCee, Mar 12, 2009

  3. John Potter

    John Potter Guest

    On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 21:45:46 +1300, "PeeCee" <> wrote:

    >"John Potter" <> wrote in message
    >>I signed up with telecom thursday a week ago for phone/broadband. The
    >> salesman said it would take about 3 days, he'd call friday. He called
    >> sunday to tell me the next call would be about tuesday. Haven't heard
    >> back again yet. I asked another outlet how long it usually takes
    >> today, was told 3 days. Seems like the 3 days might be company policy
    >> rather a real estimate.
    >>
    >> Has anyone recently signed up with telecom? I'm wondering how long
    >> this might actually take. I'm switching from telstraclear (phone and
    >> dialup) and I'm close to a new broadband cabinet in grey lynn.
    >>
    >> I'm not looking for advice about choice of ISP, I've decided to try
    >> telecom for the discounted 3 months at least. I'm aware that some
    >> competitors will pay most of the contract break fee.
    >>
    >> Thanks John

    >Depends entirely on the workload in your neck of the woods, but 3 to 5
    >working days for most Xtra connections round here (Waikato)
    >
    >Paul.

    Ok thanks Paul, good news.
    John
    John Potter, Mar 12, 2009
  4. John Potter

    Mutlley Guest

    John Potter <> wrote:

    >I signed up with telecom thursday a week ago for phone/broadband. The
    >salesman said it would take about 3 days, he'd call friday. He called
    >sunday to tell me the next call would be about tuesday. Haven't heard
    >back again yet. I asked another outlet how long it usually takes
    >today, was told 3 days. Seems like the 3 days might be company policy
    >rather a real estimate.
    >
    >Has anyone recently signed up with telecom? I'm wondering how long
    >this might actually take. I'm switching from telstraclear (phone and
    >dialup) and I'm close to a new broadband cabinet in grey lynn.
    >
    >I'm not looking for advice about choice of ISP, I've decided to try
    >telecom for the discounted 3 months at least. I'm aware that some
    >competitors will pay most of the contract break fee.
    >
    >Thanks John

    I may do I Orcon doesn't fix my fracking fone by the end of next
    week!!
    Mutlley, Mar 12, 2009
  5. John Potter

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-03-12, John Potter <> wrote:
    > I signed up with telecom thursday a week ago for phone/broadband. The
    > salesman said it would take about 3 days, he'd call friday. He called
    > sunday to tell me the next call would be about tuesday. Haven't heard
    > back again yet. I asked another outlet how long it usually takes
    > today, was told 3 days. Seems like the 3 days might be company policy
    > rather a real estimate.
    >
    > Has anyone recently signed up with telecom? I'm wondering how long
    > this might actually take. I'm switching from telstraclear (phone and
    > dialup) and I'm close to a new broadband cabinet in grey lynn.
    >
    > I'm not looking for advice about choice of ISP, I've decided to try
    > telecom for the discounted 3 months at least. I'm aware that some
    > competitors will pay most of the contract break fee.

    Find something else to do until Time come along with the answer. :)

    Think of it this way, if it takes them this long to get you onboard (into
    their wallet) how will they treat you once you are there?

    Also has not Telecom split itself into wholesale (the cabinet you are near)
    and retail, the reason you are asking questions here
    Gordon, Mar 13, 2009
  6. John Potter

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-03-13, Puddle <> wrote:
    > Mutlley wrote:
    >> John Potter <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I signed up with telecom thursday a week ago for phone/broadband. The
    >>> salesman said it would take about 3 days, he'd call friday. He called
    >>> sunday to tell me the next call would be about tuesday. Haven't heard
    >>> back again yet. I asked another outlet how long it usually takes
    >>> today, was told 3 days. Seems like the 3 days might be company policy
    >>> rather a real estimate.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone recently signed up with telecom? I'm wondering how long
    >>> this might actually take. I'm switching from telstraclear (phone and
    >>> dialup) and I'm close to a new broadband cabinet in grey lynn.
    >>>
    >>> I'm not looking for advice about choice of ISP, I've decided to try
    >>> telecom for the discounted 3 months at least. I'm aware that some
    >>> competitors will pay most of the contract break fee.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks John

    >> I may do I Orcon doesn't fix my fracking fone by the end of next
    >> week!!

    > What is happening with your phone?
    >
    > I have been with Orcon for years.. switched over to their equipment
    > about 6 months ago though to take advantage of better plans. Am now
    > debating what to do.
    >
    > Caller-id still doesn't work
    > Calls I make to people quite often result in the receiever being unable
    > to hear me but I can hear them. very frustrating especially when you
    > call a business to be put in a queue only to finally get through and
    > they cant hear you.
    >
    > 6 months and they have been unable to fix these faults. The internet
    > speeds I get are excellent though which makes it a hard decision on
    > whether to leave their network.

    Puddle, simple. Go mobile for voice, or another provider. Bugger the cost.

    On the otherhand churn
    Gordon, Mar 13, 2009
  7. John Potter

    John Potter Guest

    On 13 Mar 2009 05:42:34 GMT, Gordon <> wrote:

    >On 2009-03-12, John Potter <> wrote:
    >> I signed up with telecom thursday a week ago for phone/broadband. The
    >> salesman said it would take about 3 days, he'd call friday. He called
    >> sunday to tell me the next call would be about tuesday. Haven't heard
    >> back again yet. I asked another outlet how long it usually takes
    >> today, was told 3 days. Seems like the 3 days might be company policy
    >> rather a real estimate.
    >>
    >> Has anyone recently signed up with telecom? I'm wondering how long
    >> this might actually take. I'm switching from telstraclear (phone and
    >> dialup) and I'm close to a new broadband cabinet in grey lynn.
    >>
    >> I'm not looking for advice about choice of ISP, I've decided to try
    >> telecom for the discounted 3 months at least. I'm aware that some
    >> competitors will pay most of the contract break fee.

    >Find something else to do until Time come along with the answer. :)
    >
    >Think of it this way, if it takes them this long to get you onboard (into
    >their wallet) how will they treat you once you are there?
    >
    >Also has not Telecom split itself into wholesale (the cabinet you are near)
    >and retail, the reason you are asking questions here

    Thanks Gordon, fair comment. I'll judge them myself after 12 months,
    and if it's thumbs down then or diabolical thumbs down after 3 months
    I'll see what the competition has to offer. I've rung them, they are
    promising today or monday. I won't be able to tell you here how long
    it took, the salesman didn't know what a news server was so I don't
    think they have one. Seems like usenet is going the way of the dodo,
    a bit sad really.
    Cheers John
    John Potter, Mar 13, 2009
  8. John Potter

    Enkidu Guest

    John Potter wrote:
    > On 13 Mar 2009 05:42:34 GMT, Gordon <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2009-03-12, John Potter <> wrote:
    >>> I signed up with telecom thursday a week ago for phone/broadband. The
    >>> salesman said it would take about 3 days, he'd call friday. He called
    >>> sunday to tell me the next call would be about tuesday. Haven't heard
    >>> back again yet. I asked another outlet how long it usually takes
    >>> today, was told 3 days. Seems like the 3 days might be company policy
    >>> rather a real estimate.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone recently signed up with telecom? I'm wondering how long
    >>> this might actually take. I'm switching from telstraclear (phone and
    >>> dialup) and I'm close to a new broadband cabinet in grey lynn.
    >>>
    >>> I'm not looking for advice about choice of ISP, I've decided to try
    >>> telecom for the discounted 3 months at least. I'm aware that some
    >>> competitors will pay most of the contract break fee.

    >> Find something else to do until Time come along with the answer. :)
    >>
    >> Think of it this way, if it takes them this long to get you onboard (into
    >> their wallet) how will they treat you once you are there?
    >>
    >> Also has not Telecom split itself into wholesale (the cabinet you are near)
    >> and retail, the reason you are asking questions here

    > Thanks Gordon, fair comment. I'll judge them myself after 12 months,
    > and if it's thumbs down then or diabolical thumbs down after 3 months
    > I'll see what the competition has to offer. I've rung them, they are
    > promising today or monday. I won't be able to tell you here how long
    > it took, the salesman didn't know what a news server was so I don't
    > think they have one. Seems like usenet is going the way of the dodo,
    > a bit sad really.

    They will likely charge you from the minute that you signed the
    contract, even though it might take days or weeks for you to get the
    service.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 14, 2009
  9. John Potter

    Mutlley Guest

    Puddle <> wrote:

    >Mutlley wrote:
    >> John Potter <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I signed up with telecom thursday a week ago for phone/broadband. The
    >>> salesman said it would take about 3 days, he'd call friday. He called
    >>> sunday to tell me the next call would be about tuesday. Haven't heard
    >>> back again yet. I asked another outlet how long it usually takes
    >>> today, was told 3 days. Seems like the 3 days might be company policy
    >>> rather a real estimate.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone recently signed up with telecom? I'm wondering how long
    >>> this might actually take. I'm switching from telstraclear (phone and
    >>> dialup) and I'm close to a new broadband cabinet in grey lynn.
    >>>
    >>> I'm not looking for advice about choice of ISP, I've decided to try
    >>> telecom for the discounted 3 months at least. I'm aware that some
    >>> competitors will pay most of the contract break fee.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks John

    >> I may do I Orcon doesn't fix my fracking fone by the end of next
    >> week!!

    >What is happening with your phone?
    >
    >I have been with Orcon for years.. switched over to their equipment
    >about 6 months ago though to take advantage of better plans. Am now
    >debating what to do.
    >
    >Caller-id still doesn't work
    >Calls I make to people quite often result in the receiever being unable
    >to hear me but I can hear them. very frustrating especially when you
    >call a business to be put in a queue only to finally get through and
    >they cant hear you.
    >
    >6 months and they have been unable to fix these faults. The internet
    >speeds I get are excellent though which makes it a hard decision on
    >whether to leave their network.

    Been with Orcon for well over 6 years and on LLU since Oct 2008 when
    the problems began. The internet is great but every 2nd or 3rd
    inbound phone call cuts off during conversation with one way speech.
    They can hear us but we get bust tone at our end. Both outgoing and
    incoming suffer from DTMF talkoff when the one or both parties are
    female. While your talking get intermittent DTMF signals during the
    call. I suspect 's this that is cause the cut offs..
    Mutlley, Mar 15, 2009