    Jaime Guest

    Are the books that are recommended next to each exam on
    the Microsoft website enough to pass the exams?

    Jaime, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Jaime

    John S Guest

    Ha, ha good one!

    John S, Jul 11, 2003

  3. Jaime

    Maria Guest

    No, they are just books published by/for/on behalf of
    Microsoft, that are relevant to the exam objectives. They
    may or may not be enough for you to pass the exams.
    Did you expect Microsoft to recommend books by competing
    publishers?

    Maria, Jul 11, 2003
  4. Jaime

    Alan Davis Guest

    > No, they are just books published by/for/on behalf of
    > Microsoft, that are relevant to the exam objectives.

    That is debatable.

    > They
    > may or may not be enough for you to pass the exams.

    They cover very little. There 'primer books' out there that cover more
    that those books.

    Alan Davis, Jul 11, 2003
  5. Jaime

    Jaime Guest

    I wasn't asking if the publisher was good enough I was
    wondering if the books themselves were comprehensive
    enough.

    Jaime, Jul 12, 2003
  6. Jaime

    Jaime Guest

    Ok thanks

    Jaime, Jul 12, 2003
  7. Jaime

    Jaime Guest

    Funny I think you answer was the most insightful yet,
    lol. So what else is needed then?

    Jaime, Jul 12, 2003
  8. Jaime

    Alan Davis Guest

    > Frankly, it makes him look stupid.

    People can put over whatever point of view they like.

    If you really want to see some 'stupid' people, take a look at some of
    the questions being asked in this forum over the paste few months, from
    budding mcsd's.

    I'm not as stupid as the people who waste their money believing that an
    ms cert is the path to untold riches.

    > however
    > one with some intelligence would think that Microsoft's books would

    contain
    > more in-depth information than third-party books when it comes to
    > certifications.

    The microsoft press training books are utter crap (unlike the vast
    majority of their other books). Read the reviews, read a chapter or two
    at the local book store and make your own mind up.

    > it is obvious that Mr. Davis has a chip on his shoulder with
    > Microsoft;

    Not at all. If microsoft want's to let the reputation of their certs go
    [even further] down the pan, fine.

    > Third-party books will generally write to an 8th grade level;

    Not 'generally' at all. Although more and more crap is being published
    these days.

    > fetish or the need to belittle something to make him feel important.

    What a bit like you keep going on about 'Liberals and Democrats'?

    Alan Davis, Jul 12, 2003
  9. Jaime

    GVaught Guest

    ** What a bit like you keep going on about 'Liberals and Democrats'?
    >> Yeah, I had just finished reading Ann Coulter's new book

    'Treason' on the subject mentioned above. I got carried away.

    Go, Tony Blair........

    GVaught, Jul 12, 2003
  10. Jaime

    MCSE & MSCD Guest

    I have been an MCSE since Windows NT 3.5x, MCSE+I, MCT,
    and an MCSD using only the Microsoft Press books as study
    guides.

    Personally, I find them comprehensive and to-the-point in
    order to get the real meat of the content quickly.

    Good luck!

    MCSE & MSCD, Jul 14, 2003
  11. Jaime

    Jaime Guest