    I'm a developer and each time I lost a lot of work. I'm now saving every 5
    minutes....

    Mike
    Mike Benton, May 7, 2007

  2. Hi,

    it would seem from some discussions on i-net that it could be related to
    display driver issues - one suggestion was to un-install BATTC.SYS (
    possibly from Safe Mode ) and then re-install the display driver before
    re-installing BATTC.SYS.

    I'm not on Vista myself, but display drivers seem to have a reputation right
    now, I would test several versions to find a stable one!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 7, 2007

  3. Mike Benton

    Jane C Guest

    BATTC.sys is the battery driver. Does HP have any more recent drivers for
    your laptop?

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP Windows Shell/User

    Jane C, May 7, 2007
  4. Mike Benton

    Mike Benton Guest

    No, they do not. I checked their site. They also push the updates out to the
    computers now. About a month ago I received new video and sound driver
    updates.

    Mike Benton, May 8, 2007
  5. Mike Benton

    rcmichelle